Wow!! Thank you Spyro and Jim!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom K.

TVWBB Member
Just a quick message to notify one and all that Spyro A. and Jim M. are now firmly ensconced in my Pantheon of smoking greats! Yesterday, for the first time, I prepared the "Meligana Salata" recipe forwarded by Spyro A. recently (currently residing in the "Appetizers, side dishes etc.)" portion of this site, along with a half dozen whole bulbs of garlic. My entire family was blown away by the wonderfully refreshing Salata of Spyro's. A simple but great blend of basic ingredients that played to rave reviews at our table. We can't wait to serve it to guests (with appropriate credit to Spryo on those occasions). This was an instant family favorite here, and will definitely remain so. My thanks once again to Spyro for sharing. Also, along with the half dozen eggplants I smoked, I also put on the above-mentioned half dozen bulbs of garlic, which was the subject of an excellent exchange between Spyro and Jim in the same posting which contains the Salata of Spyro's. Talk about "got to have it" quality....aside from being beautiful to look at (and smell) as it comes off the smoker, the smoked garlic is absolutely fantistic to eat (we were eating it like candy)! We paired these two winners up with a marinated flank steak that I did on the Weber Kettle, along with some roasted/peeled peppers, and we were in heaven here. Again.....just wanted to say thanks, and urge those of you who like eggplant and garlic and may not already be smoking them, to do so at your earliest opportunity. Man I love this site.

Glad that you enjoyed it... I like it most the next day... the flavors have blended better and it is nice and cold.

Yum.

Btw, I never gave you a recipe... just some insperation... It is YOUR recipe. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back