WOW, my WSM is a 2013 (AT)

Wilson Boudreaux

TVWBB Member
I did a lot of research for "my perfect smoker". When I finally decided to purchase it was mid January. I purchased from Amazon on Jan 29th, and received it Feb 1st. (thank you Amazon).

I just discovered the VWBB page about determining age of the WSM. I'm totally surprised to see that my unit is a 2013 model. One would think that Amazon probably has a very large stock of these units in a warehouse somewhere, and given my purchase on the first month of the 2013, Amazon would be working on stock from 2012. In my case, some way some how, I lucked out and received a 2013 model (AT) ...... GO FIGURE.....

:cool: ;) :)

Not trying to rain on your parade, but ordered/received (not Amazon, local appliance place) a 22.5 WSM mid November which was stamped AT (2013)
Wonder when they change model years? When they run out of the current years vents??? lol

Congrats on the new smoker. When you gunna fire it up? :cool:

WOW, I'm surprised to hear Weber has been putting out 2013 models since mid November, but I'm pleased to hear you received a 2013 as well...

OH, the smoker is on as of 2PM (central). Seasoning, smoking up a storm. I put extra smoking stuff I have had for some twenty years. I'm using a 3/4 full bag of Twenty year old Royal Oak Bricks I had stored away. Just playing, burning up old stuff.

Yes I have not used charcoal in the last twenty years.

I threw in some Jack Daniel's smoking pellets that are also twenty years old. It smells so good the the cat is laying next to the unit, and even the wife goes check the temp ever fifteen minutes.

Great to hear, Im the same way, when I get a new grill I just burn it for a while and sit and enjoy it, and our cats also seem to like it.

Weber's model year begins around November each year, so it's not uncommon to find 2013 stamped products in late 2012 or just after New Year's.

Regards,
Chris

Wow...just checked mine and its also a At model that I got in January.....Like my WSM even more now..LOL

2007, 2010 or 2103 I would still be happy with any of them for sure as its a great smoker.

Back