Would this be an arrestable offense?

They're just jealous - buy them a go girl.

As a coffee & beer drinking skier (not always), I'm always careful to turn off my headphones & have a good look around when I duck into the trees, & then I stomp any evidence under with my poles (I don't particularly like seeing yellow snow). Have to be careful but as a wise man (me) said once: People are going to peep (be people).

Nice view - I love the sound of moving water, the scent of the trees, dirt, etc, all that good stuff that comes with being outside...especially the blood flow. I ordered some trekking poles late last night - I typically look down on people who use them (don't ask why, idk) but my foot has been killing me for ~6 months...Hoping to give it a chance to heal.

...oh and don't shake it more than three times...

Last edited:
I already have a Samsung Gear Fit 2. Nice little instrument. Has built in GPS as seen in this photo
Very cool. My Fitbit recently took an update and now it has GPS too. Haven't tried it yet as we're getting a bunch of rain, and that's kept me out of the hills. You know this thread is kinda ironic. I was in san francisco yesterday, and there's "people" peeing & pooping in doorways everywhere. Nothing is done about it. So.....if you need a place to walk and if nature calls sneak up on you, then san francisco is your go to, LOL

I'll have to put some flowers in my hair. Only the boomers among us will understand this one. But, yeah my opinion too. If you're not wantonly "exposing" yourself discreetly off trail and behind tree(s) I don't see an issue. It's just an issue for me since I was put on a diuretic and BP med combo. Doc told me. "They may give you a sudden urge" well she wasn't kidding.
Glad everyone had a laugh out of it. Happy too many of you old farts like myself "understand" the "struggle" LOL
I will be out on the trail later on today. Did almost 3 miles yesterday. Tomorrow and rest of weekend though nature sounds like she wants to play a cruel trick and dump a snow storm on us. Just heard on the radio if the track comes a little north of prediction we could be in for 6"!

Very cool. My Fitbit recently took an update and now it has GPS too. Haven't tried it yet as we're getting a bunch of rain, and that's kept me out of the hills. You know this thread is kinda ironic. I was in san francisco yesterday, and there's "people" peeing & pooping in doorways everywhere. Nothing is done about it. So.....if you need a place to walk and if nature calls sneak up on you, then san francisco is your go to, LOL

Yah, I have been seeing some of the reports on TV about how some places in Socal are just nasty like that.

- - - Updated - - -

Larry, this weather we are having is great for a walk in the woods, isn't it?

Yah, I have been seeing some of the reports on TV about how some places in Socal are just nasty like that.

- - - Updated - - -

Larry, this weather we are having is great for a walk in the woods, isn't it?

Sure is. Just got back from one. Had planned on going into suburbia to see my dad and uncle today, until I noticed a strange pulsation in the brakes on my Highlander. Put the IR thermometer on them and sure enough. Rear brakes running right about 100, RF brake 100 LF close to 400! Yikes! Damn I have to deal with a brake job now and who knows how deep I'll have to go? Brake caliper, hose,? ugh not looking forward to that

Sure is. Just got back from one. Had planned on going into suburbia to see my dad and uncle today, until I noticed a strange pulsation in the brakes on my Highlander. Put the IR thermometer on them and sure enough. Rear brakes running right about 100, RF brake 100 LF close to 400! Yikes! Damn I have to deal with a brake job now and who knows how deep I'll have to go? Brake caliper, hose,? ugh not looking forward to that

Did you cool them off? :cool:

DIY repair:
front rotors: ~$65/each - I get high carbon due to mtn travel, doesn't cost much more either.
Front calipers: ~$130 each.
Brake shoes: ~$40
2-3 hours if you've done it before.

vs shop: $1000-$1200- ?????

I used to be a mechanic back in the late 60's and early 70's and did a lot of brake work (back when they were asbestos) which I am now thanking for my lung disease. So yeah I know how. I'm just getting to the point where it's really hard on my big fine body doing them on the ground.
I don't think they're ruined. I caught it quickly. My guess is the brake hardware (locating pins and boots) or the caliper may be stuck or may be a bad brake hose (internal collapse) causing pressure to "hold" in the caliper. We're supposed to get a snow storm beginning tomorrow through Saturday so I don't think I'll get it apart until Monday. I also have 2 mixers on the bench one which I promised by the weekend so that's pressing on me too.
I have to get a job. This retirement thing is wearing me out LOL. I need some rest!
I may take it over to a friend of mine who is an ASE certified tech. Does excellent work at fair price in his garage.
But, I am hoping I can salvage the brakes as I just felt the issue come up yesterday so they may not be damaged beyond salvage

Larry, no precipitation scheduled up north here until at least Monday and then only rain. It sounds like you have a bad caliper or the slide pins are sticking. Hopefully you didn't warp the hot rotor. I agree, it is hard to get down and work on brakes that low. If a guy had a hoist, it wouldn't be a big deal at all. Every guy should have a hoist and a grill.

I was just discussing doing brakes on another forum I am on. :)

Last edited:
I have not been able to convince the wife on the hoist part. She just says "go see the Chiropractor" LOL. Or lose weight it won't be so hard on you. She's mean that way LOL. I'm hoping it's just the slide pins. Toyotas are notorious for issues there. We'll see

I did 2 oil changes after work - the F150 & the 2500 work van - took <1.5 hours, cost ~$83 (full synthetic mobile 1 & motorcraft <premium, I think> filters), but I wasn't bugged to death by the guys @ the oil change shop, I had my own coffee, and beer (and Jaegermeister) waiting for me afterwards, & my tools...... had a hard time finding some after a couple major clean-ups & a long winter.

2 vehicles down, 3 motorcycles to go........

https://youtu.be/v7_9uOzt5e0

My maintenance required light is staring at me on the Highlander I drive (which BTW it was a frozen brake caliper new one and all is well from NAPA) I caught the issue in time. Rotor and pads were still just fine. Took it on a drove with some hard braking hit it with the IR thermo. All discs 100F give or take 5 or so.
I hate dealing with rebates but I use a lot of M1 oil. I am partial to the Euro Formula 0-40. I either use it or the Castrol version European formula.
I like the fact it has the flow for cold and has enough viscosity under pressure to stand up to long term high revs. Been hearing of more engine "issues" due to lubrication breakdown with the new 0-20 or 5-20 spec oils.
I am not sure if this is a sign of issues with the "weight" or the lack of quality of some of the cheaper products I see popping up. I remember WAY back a long time ago when Mobil introduced M1 in the large round qt can. It came in only one grade (5-20) and they had a hard time selling it. Back then I began using it in my 1969 Coupe De Ville and my BMW R60/6 motorcycle. My buddy began using it in his 70 Camaro RS, and his Triumph Bonneville. We noticed everything we put it is ran much cooler, started easier and behaved just fine. But I like the Euro formula and especially because I lube engineer I knew told me the Eurp specs were so stringent they required use of a full PAO synthetic.
Well anyway my Maint req light has been on steady now for the last 2 weeks (though I do have Castrol Euro in it and an extended life oil filter) and it's only about 5k on the last change.
I honestly have a half a mind to replace all 4 calipers on that car too (well the remaining 3) though no sign of trouble.Prbably should do this on both Highlanders (yes I have 2 LOL)

I end up doing it (replacing all the calipers) during the time of my vehicle ownership, at least for the last 3 vehicles. Seems like I wait until the rubber boots are rotted/cracked.

I just found M1 last year while reading up on which oils to use in my HD motorcycle........

cop here - I'd NEVER charge someone for that, let alone arrest them.. especially if they explained to me they have some health issues/concerns. IMO that would be borderline inhumane.
Mind you if you were doing it in public and people can see your yingyang, well that's another story.

funny related story - One night I arrested a local female "entertainer" & crackhead for going number 2 in an alley one night....
Not long after I arrested a driver for driving with a suspended licence. I got the old "why don't you arrest some real criminals?" that we get often.
I told him about my female lady of the night I had arrested a few hours earlier. He had no response... go figure.

Back