Would like to circle back to a previously asked question regarding painting the Genesis hood sides and cook box

Thats a good suggestion Ed........if they had semi gloss I would do that but they only have the flat .....I dont recall the quart saying satin.......does it? either way I really prefer the rich look of the semi

That is interesting because as u drag and spin that picture I cant see anywhere on that can where it says Satin............I was assuming when I saw it in the store that since it didnt say Ultra that it was the same as the regular high heat. Now I also noticed that this is oil based and I think Larry? ......Was saying the other stuff we are using High Heat Ultra was water based.......Let me check the spray can stuff really quick to confirm that.......cause if its a satin finish and at least has some sheen either Martin or Charlie......that would be sufficient.

Alternatively, if you have spray painted over the OEM paint and are unhappy with the shiny spots, you might try spraying some paint in a small disposable cap or cup to let it thicken up some and then dab it on with a coarse sponge.

Again another good suggestion..........I cant believe this problem hasnt already been solved before...........but both of your suggestions are worth a try. I will be painting the end caps in the next couple of days. I just removed the cook box today and its a beast....I am not looking forward to diving in there with a wire wheel.......its so deep I think I will wear a full respirator. The dabbing of the thick paint might work better then rolling it on because when rolling the paint on it is bound to look different over the textured part and the shiny parts......I think but not sure.........hmmmmmm

rolling the paint on it is bound to look different over the textured part and the shiny parts......I think but not sure.........hmmmmmm

No doubt, it's going to take some trial and error. But you gotta see this from two directions...if it's a flipper, just git-er-done and move on, don't sweat the details. And if it's a keeper...hey! It's a BBQ, it sits outside and gets used and gets dirty, it's not meant for perfection. Do the best job that you can, learn from your mistakes, and enjoy it for what it is.

Ya I am told that a lot....... :) In the car forum.....the boat forum......and now the grill forum......Yes I over think stuff......I enjoy striving for perfection ...If all of my hard work turns out lookin sloppy I have no confidence selling it and I dont feel great about the work I put in. Now if my end game looks awesome.......I feel great about what I accomplished and thus I know I have the best grill on the used market. Hey I was just looking at your signature grills......my keeper grill is a Silver B green topper.....what makes yours a C vs a B? It looks to be the exact set up that I have.

The Silver A has a shorter firebox and 2 burners, the Silver B has a larger firebox and 3 burners, and the Silver C has the larger firebox, an extended frame and either a right hand table or an external burner. There are only a few smilies to choose from so it's not an exact match but I'm still tinkering with it...I'm a charcoal guy at heart, just getting lazy in my retirement and trying to keep from heating the house up during the summer.

I dismantled the ole blue topper today......she is nothin but frame right now.......I will be blogging as I go........keep an eye out for it....shes gunna be a looker

Back