Work table for WSM?

Jeremy S.

Has anyone attempted to build a table like this (with modifications of course) for the WSM?

Obviously the bottom shelf would have to be lower, and the extra heat would have to be taken into consideration, but it sure would be convenient.

I looked around for plans or examples for the WSM but all I found was this one for the BGE. Just wondered if anyone else had previous experience to share.

7887.jpg

yeah, that work table is pretty much my dream table...

If you find plans, let me know - I'm interested in making one too, but don't have the woodworking experience to really try and build a plan on my own...

Jeremy, I'm in the process of building one similar to that. Got the plans from cherrytree.com and am modifying it so it will be enclosed on all sides for winter use. Will post pictures when done

Ken, went to the site. All I can say is "WOW". Gave me more ideas how to enhance my creation

I've been taking a bunch of BBQ pics lately, so I thought I'd add my "BBQ Cabinet." It holds almost all of my junk. Of course, I needed more space for racks, grates, and more stuff, so I built a pedestal, that the WSM sits on. It protects my deck while providing storage. I use aluminum pieces to set down for resting the lid, middle section, etc.

Sometimes I think I deserve the award for "Qing in the Smallest Amount of Space." Everything has to happen on one third of a tiny balcony, and it all gets dragged through the house as well.

I'm determined to have my Q!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Kevin, did you give your WSM a haircut? That dome looks a little short. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is a picture of Kevin's Mini WSM. It is an awsome mod, I want to make my own, too.

Bob

Back