"Woody"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaun R

TVWBB Hall of Fame
I had been wanting to do a <span class="ev_code_RED">"Little Red Kettle"</span> project for a long time. I was inspired by Chris A's <span class="ev_code_RED">"Little Red Bullet"</span>. Some of you may recall I bought this for $15 when it came up on craigs. Well, I finally finished it and here it is.
icon_redface.gif

Thanks again!

looks awesome! btw i picked up the red "happy cooker". i'll make a thread and post some pics in the next few days or so and you can post some of your brown cooker too.

Thanks for the compliments everyone!

Jason, I am glad to hear you grabbed that "HC". I can't wait to see it. Isn't that hinge awesome. I wish Weber would start putting those on.

Hi Terry, yes I painted them a Regal Red. It was a near perfect match.

Thanks Scott, yeah I wanted that cool retro look for it. I had it stuck in my mind for about a year. I was just waiting for the right deal. The wood really sets it off.

<span class="ev_code_RED">W0W!</span>
<span class="ev_code_WHITE">..........</span><span class="ev_code_RED">W0W!</span>
<span class="ev_code_WHITE">..................</span> <span class="ev_code_RED">W0W!</span>

Thanks again, Jeff, Phil and Jim! I didn't mention that that's the grill it came with. It was really gunky with barbecue sauce, but no rust. I buffed it out and it came out pretty nice. I had most of the other parts laying around in the parts pile. It's kind of a hybrid. I call it <span class="ev_code_RED">"Woody"</span> because of the wood features and the red color reminds me of a woodpecker.

Nice job there Shaun I also like the <span class="ev_code_RED">red</span> wheels.

But where is the before picture
icon_wink.gif

Cool - very cool. Can you link to some "before" pictures when you get a chance. The end product is fantastic, simply gorgeous.

Pat

Thanks again Jeff and Pat! I will post the craigs picture tomorrow. Thanks again for the compliments.

Thanks George and Mac! I am thinking sweet Italian sausage and peppers right now. I am pretty hooked on that dish these days. Maybe even stuffed clams. Definitly something really fun.
wsmsmile8gm.gif

Love it! I have one of these gumballs, though not as nice. Riveted handles, thumb screw legs... really sharp with the side table and lid bail.

Thanks Ray and Mike! Mike, I like the term "Gumball" that's what they remind me of. I have an aqua blue one with the leg screws that looks like a Jawbreaker!.
icon_biggrin.gif
Hey that's a good name for it! Funny, I just read your post about giving a name to our grills. Thanks again!

By the way, Pat,here's the only picture I have from the craigs ad. Sorry I didn't take a few more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back