wooden handles? (update on baby blue kettle)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got mine the other day. They are really nice. I like the two rivit with the logo. I think it just adds something it needs to it. Great job Brian!

Oh crud, I forgot to take pics. Email me tomorrow Shaun and remind me.

Brian

PS weren't you supposed to post some pics of something last week, did I miss them? I bet AJ confused me and made me miss something? Didn't you get a performer?

Brian

Yes, and no you didn't miss it as he hasn't post any pictures yet. We are anxiously awaiting to see his $30 performer score.

Vincent.

WOW! I would love to get a hold of some of the original remake handles....rivet and logo style. Those look spot on awesome!

Here is a picture of Brian's work on redhead three wheeler.

IMG_0097.jpg

Nice! I love to see my handles on peoples grills. That looks awesome. Did you treat the wood with anything yet? I have been doing some tung oil and some polyurethane just to see how they work and which one works best. I have also been using something called Australian Timber Oil from Cabot. Apparently it works awesome for water proofing. It can be difficult to work with, but the results are good so far. The timber oil makes it look awesome. I'm just going to see how it holds up out in the weather over time.

Brian

They look great. I'm sure they coated them with some good stuff. Here are those pictures of Troy's lid with my paint repairs. It was a decent size chip in the lid. I think it came out pretty good. I can't make it 1005 invisable but it looks better than a big black chip.

dsc06260z.jpg

By zavod44 at 2012-02-12

dsc06261w.jpg

By zavod44 at 2012-02-12

dsc06263t.jpg

By zavod44 at 2012-02-12

Needless to say Phoebe showed up for her usual photo.

Brian

Nice work Brain. Save that color code for me.
I will need to touch up mine, when it makes it to the top of the repair list.

There's still a question mark on how well that paint will hold up under high heat. I'd like to get some that por 15 stuff and try it. Oh and even though I am pretty smart, you don't have to call me brain, it is a sweet gesture though.

Brian

Originally posted by Brian O'Neal:
Oh and even though I am pretty smart, you don't have to call me brain, it is a sweet gesture though.

Brian
I saw that a few times and figured it was a typo brought on my AJ's aixelsyd.
icon_biggrin.gif

I saw it too... My Brian, I mean Brain is so fast, my fingers can't keep up.

As fo the paint, I thought you were the expert on that? My yellow one has a similiar spot that I really want it to match and hold up.
Are you spraying it on or mixing it?

I'm good with it, I thought you were hailing me as the smartest guy here.

As for the paint, some I sprayed and some I brushed. Now I am doing a mixture depending on the situation.

Brian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back