Wood Sources

I highly recomend Smokinlicious , they have excellent service and delivery is included in the price. The wood chunks are excellent quality as well. Plus if you need something that isn't on there site they will often get it in if you phone.

Clark

I'll second Clark's recommendation on Smokinlicious. No bark or gnarly pcs, just perfect filets of heartwood with the proper moisture content.

Tim

One thing on Smokinlicious. Order the "double filet" which are a good size for the WSM, not their single filet which are much bigger.

Originally posted by Jeff Bordner:
Smokinlicious was one of the sources I was wondering about. Approx how much does one cubic foot weigh?

Jeff.
Depends on the species or type of wood that you select.
IIRC my 1cf mix of Red Oak/Sugar Maple/Wild Cherry came out about 30lbs
You could also call CS and get a idea on your weights before ordering.

And yes to using Red Oak on anything beef.

Tim

I offer to trade (snail mail) pecan wood from my backyard for other stuff neither hickory nor applewood since I already have an applewood source.

Anyone here have experience with using black walnut for smoking - especially with smoking pork bellies?

Originally posted by G. A. Green:
I've had real good luck with this guy on ebay -
great wood and prices.

http://myworld.ebay.com/vamtnwoodproducts/

This guy is awesome, I HIGHLY recommend him over any other source. Fast shipping, great quality, prices are spot on. Can't get a better deal anywhere.

His name is Brian and his direct email:

vamtnwoodman@yahoo.com

Tell him David Verba referred you - he'll take care of you

Someone posted previously they know of a great source in Delaware to get peach wood, however I cannot find the person or the post! I have friends in Delaware and I would LOVE to try some peach wood - just can't find it reasonably priced anywhere. So if that person is reading this, please message me at:

davidverba@gmail.com

THANKS!

Back