Wood source in the Denver/Colorado Springs area?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clay J

TVWBB Fan
I have been trying to find a good (cheap) source for smoking woods in the Denver area. Apple, cherry, oak, etc.

Does anyone know of a source?

Nothing like a barbeque's galore or such that I can find. Most yellow page searches reveal jacuzzi/spa shops.

You can try Rocky Mtn Firewood in Denver. From what I understand they have all of the hardwoods that we need for BBQing. I found out about them up at Frisco at the BBQ Challenge. There is also Rocky Mountain Smoking Woods in Colorado Springs. Roy Bearden is the guy that has the place. Let me know if you want his contact information.

Mark

Hi Clay, You might want to try the Outdoor Cooker.They have two locations. One is in
Westminster,303-430-5656 and the other is in Highland Ranch 303-805-5435.I have worked with these folks at several shows in the Denver area. They are quite knowledgeable.HAPPY BBQ

Found a decent wood source today.

Andy's Meat Market
2915 East Platte
Colorado Springs, CO
719-636-1149

It's on the south side of Platte, just east of Circle/Platte intersection, across the street from Fargo's pizza.

I found him via Roy Bearden of Rocky Mountain Smoking Woods (719-439-6232), but Roy only does large scale wholesale.

I picked up a 5lb bag of apple chunks for $6.00 and Pecan for the same price. They were going to ask Roy for some cherry for me.

They also had allot of the bags of pellets (cherry, apple, maple, orange, etc), wood chips, and maple briquettes. They had about 20 different rubs, BBQ sauces, marinades, and other fun looking things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back