Wood Grate Scraper

Bruce

TVWBB 2-Star Olympian
I know some really swear by these things. They are not for me, but at this price it is not hard to pass it up.

I think ship to store for store pickup is the only way to get them though.

Thanks @Bruce. I always wanted to try one, but never wanted to spend $15-25 on one in case I hated it.

But $6 is definitely an impulse buy, plus I need to go pick up that big cutting board I ordered the other day from Menards. :)

I like mine, but use it mainly for GrillGrate Grates, for which it the perfect solution. It would work just as well on stainless rods and maybe even on cast iron. I like the Chargon better for stainless rods.

Libman brushes
I like those, too. I think the Chargon followed by a Libman makes a great 1-2 for use on thick stainless rods. The Chargon takes off the hard, burnt on stuff and prolongs the life of the Libman which does better on finer grade junk.

Can't use Chargon on my porcelain coated grates. As for heavy stuck on stuff, I simply get the grates hot, and wet the Libman with water. The steam will simply blast everything off, mostly bringing the grates to bare steel :D Way more effective, WAY less work and WAY faster than standing there with a gussied up weed puller :D

I’ll stay with the stainless steel bristle brushes.

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.

Hunter S. Thompson

Back