Wire wheel cup brush technique?

Yes I had a few bloody spots on my arms to help me locate the piece of wire stuck to me......it was kind of a circus....I found it humorous. If I was to do this often I would just wear a jacket of some kind. As for the sides of the lid.....keep in mind I already painted them with High Heat Ultra...a few coats properly cured. Remember my paint job looked awful and splotchy which is why I am grinding down to bare metal. So on the sides I was removing a few fresh coats of High Heat and the factory finish. I am confident that if I still had any of the 3" brush left it would have stripped the paint right off. So u dont think the primer will fill any of the areas that I got a little aggressive on? Say 2 or 3 coats of primerrrrrrrrrrrrrrr?????

Unless it is the kind of primer used for automotive work (I think it is called Sandable Primer), I don't think it will do a lot of filling. That 2000 degree stuff goes on very thin and smooth. But, hey, give it a shot. If it works well for you, let us know and might be good method for some of us as well.

Im with you on wanting to use the sand blaster but even $30 bucks cuts into the already slim profit.......Cup brushing the cook box inner and outer isnt a lot of fun. For some reason scraping with a putty knife is fun.....using a razor blade under the lid is dirty..but fun........replacing dirty parts with shiny parts is definitely fun........

If I could find a source for blasting cook boxes for $30, I would be all over it.

There was a guy that used it on his resto.....sticky thread......he said he wished he applied more coats then wet sanded....which tells me that even after he used primer it didnt cover the scratches.........I will let u know if I use it....and will take pics.

You have to have the room for an air compressor big enough to run it along with room for the blast cabinet big enough for a cook box an then you have to have the wallet to buy it all. I am lacking in all those areas.

4" cup brushes......$3.99..........and a few hours of your time..........Ohhhhh I forgot to tell u guys my new face shield earned its keep....I should do a sep post on it....wow it worked great!!!! zero fog and extremely comfortable. I literally did not know I had it on due to how clear the shield is and how comfortable it is!!!! Let me find the link for y'all

Back