Wire Wheel / Cup Brush Suggestions

The abrasive is probably aluminum oxide crystals. It’s a pretty common material in abrasives since it’s relatively cheap and safe for both users and the environment. I would guess you could get the wheels with other abrasives, too.

The abrasive is probably aluminum oxide crystals. It’s a pretty common material in abrasives since it’s relatively cheap and safe for both users and the environment. I would guess you could get the wheels with other abrasives, too.
Cool, learn something new every day.

Just picked this up now for $3 with a coupon, @Bruce Figure I’ll need one eventually anyways. 441AEB44-09EF-4618-B28C-D7F11A4F7D18.jpeg

Very interesting. Also, thanks for that link, John!

When I saw that picture I did think of a bunch of dirty old stainless flavorizer bars I have in stock. With those results - and the faster execution time - I can see giving them a second chance. Bars looking like that would be good enough for most flip situations in my book.

I use these from Harbor Freight on the burners, flavorizers, grates. You can also clean your brush by just soaking it in simple green over night. The other ones ware out too easily. Also I clean all the parts with Simple Green and heavy duty steel wool before using the grinder on them.
1664146939360.png1664146966386.png

Back