Wire up the RDTC newbie

I use a mini or micro spdt, any will work, just don't get really cheap one, as they will have a tendency to be ruined when soldering

Wiring the way you have it will only work if you DO NOT have the SMD TC parts on your HM board. Since you have the TC Amp on the board you need to either disable it by lifting the end of the 100K resistor behind the TC jack out of the board (the leg closest to the edge of the board) and connecting Pin 7 from the cat5 jack (your orange wire) to the lifted leg of the resistor. That will disconnect the onboard TC amp and instert the external RDTC amp in its place. The other option is to use the switch as John B suggests, which allows you to select between the onboard TC amp or the external TC amp.

Interestingly enough - with it wired up incorrectly, at some point, the display went to solid blocks on the HM. When I switched RPi's to another one, it worked fine. Any ideas on what might have blown on the RPi?

Interestingly enough - with it wired up incorrectly, at some point, the display went to solid blocks on the HM. When I switched RPi's to another one, it worked fine. Any ideas on what might have blown on the RPi?

Not this....
Maybe try another SD card, I doubt the rPi is actually fried.

I swapped the RPi and installed the same SD card and with one the display is blocks, with the other it works correctly. No biggie. It was a spare RPi anyways, I'll debug the funky one another day :)

What I think is my last issue - when I look at your RD3 video your damper opens entirely and closes entirely. Mine doesn't. How do I remedy that? Thanks Ralph!

Just change the servo pulse duration min/max values to increase the range the servo sweeps through. One is the fully open position, the other is the fully closed position.

Back