Wings!

CaseT

TVWBB Platinum Member
The fire ban was lifted so wings and a little back yard socializing.

Made up a Carolina Gold sauce for a glaze. I simmered this down in half. Brushed two coats on chicken the last 15 minutes.

1 cup yellow mustard
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup molasses
1/4 cup honey
1 tbsp. dark brown sugar
2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon hot sauce
I also added two ounces of Rye Whiskey.

Fired up the Solostove fire pit to enjoy with our guests. Used the briquettes from the WSM to get the fire going!
WSM set up with Kingsford BB chunk of cherry. 325 pit temp.

B50889D5-7C11-4D14-B429-5176F5DD6A7F.jpeg4A285D3E-2863-4F2F-8EA0-11D55AA5BA1A.jpeg20D9574B-D8B4-48E3-A710-5626061D094B.jpeg9C5E7D34-E9C3-4516-B430-FBE494454DAF.jpeg22856421-62E9-4AF3-B557-AE64F4BE0AB2.jpeg

Case,
As always amazing looking cook, but I am confused with the sauced picture. What made the final shot look red, did you add a bbq sauce after the two coats of Carolina Gold sauce? I love Carolina Gold on wings, but never doubled up with a traditional red bbq sauce after, just trying to figure out if that is what you did or not, and if it is what was your take away.

Great looking wing Case. That's exactly how I like to prepare them, with the wing lock. Makes them easy to flip. My father in law taught me that trick a long time ago and I've done it ever since. Glad you got your fire ban lifted. Must have been that rain you got last week. We're entering another 100 degree stretch with high winds today and tomorrow and flying our old friend the red flag.

Case,
As always amazing looking cook, but I am confused with the sauced picture. What made the final shot look red, did you add a bbq sauce after the two coats of Carolina Gold sauce? I love Carolina Gold on wings, but never doubled up with a traditional red bbq sauce after, just trying to figure out if that is what you did or not, and if it is what was your take away.

this Carolina gold is brownish red due to the use of molasses and Worcestershire.

Case you lucky dog, we go some rain but not enough to lift the bans and no more rain in sight. Wings look great, sauce sounds interesting.

Case you lucky dog, we go some rain but not enough to lift the bans and no more rain in sight. Wings look great, sauce sounds interesting.
Thanks Rich! This cool almost didn’t happen. Was only pack of whole wings in Safeway. Was $14.99 for the 12 pack!

Nice cook! Love my SoloStove.
Thank you! Yeah bought the Bonfire when they did the first Kickstarter on it. I'd already had the Lite backpack stove. We have since purchased the Ranger for day trips. Love all three of them.

#SoloStoveEnvy

Good lookin' wangs too.
Thank you! Its funny all of my friends that we hang with have purchased a Solostove after hanging out around ours. Since we boondock camp it makes having a campfire safer than just the rock ring on the ground. Get almost no sparking (we also have the screen cover and do use it especially when letting it burn down.) very little smoke and plenty of heat. Roasting marshmallows is tricky. Have to have hold the stick about 2 feet above the pit!

Back