Wings three ways on the mini

Miguel M

TVWBB Pro
I wanted to take my new mini for another test drive so I decided to smoke some wings.

Here they are...prepped and ready to go

I marinated some of them in Walkerswood jerk marinade

Some in HDD and the rest were seasoned with lemon pepper (sorry, no pics).

Getting happy in the HDD slurry

Time to get the fire started.....

I used TJs briqs for the cook.

Cooker getting up to temp...

Wings on. My wife doesn't do spicy, so I made sure to put the hot ones on the bottom so the juices wouldn't drip onto the lemon pepper wings.

The HDD and jerk wings were done by this point. Just finishing the lemon pepper wings...

I was so hungry I forgot to take pics of the spicy wings, but I did snap a quick pic of the lemon pepper wings. Nothing plated though.

All in all, it was a good cook. I'm still getting used to cooking on the mini. I'm amazed at how responsive it is to vent changes. Anyway, thanks for looking.

Beautiful color on the wings Miguel.
I bet that death dust would be good on camarones ala Diabla.

That's money right there Miguel! Killer cook! Habanero heat is my favorite and Jerk is the most flavorful seasoning IMO... Especially Walkers Wood...

Last edited:
That's money right there Miguel! Killer cook! Habanero heat is my favorite and Jerk is the most flavorful seasoning IMO... Especially Walkers Wood...

The HDD wings are one of my favorite things to make. It has just the right amount of heat. More like a slow burn with some sweet. It's a complex, we'll balanced rub. It was my first time using the WW jerk. Very tasty.

Back