Wings on the new Craycort grate

Tim M.

TVWBB Super Fan
Holy cow it's been too long since I have posted a cook so thought why not put up these wings I did tonight on my new CIG-

I used Yardbird, Head Country Hot, and some pecan. The Plowboys and HC are new to me, a buddy brought both back from Central Meats in Chesapeake and I found the pecan at a BBQ store down in Wilmington:

stuff.jpg

Still getting used to setup with the Craycort so I tried this version for about an hour or so:
cook.jpg

Put the griddle insert over the coals rib side up and let it heat up some. Then threw the wings on for a bit:
grid.jpg

On the plate with a cold one:
plate.jpg

OK so I haven't played around with rub/sauce combos much but these had great flavor. Have a great night & thanks for all the ideas here on the forum.

Nice cook on the new CI grate. The wings look excellent! I'd like to see more pics of what I am assuming is your garage. Based on the beer signs, it looks like a great place to hang out.

<span class="ev_code_RED">KILLER FLAPS TIM!!</span>

<span class="ev_code_RED">KILLER!</span>

Some great looking wings there Tim!! Glad you enjoyed the Head Country (a made in Oklahoma product). I'm also a fan of HC and Plowboys yardbird Rub.

Back