Wings on my new 22.5"

Miguel M

TVWBB Pro
I just fitted my 22.5" with a ss door from CB. The price was decent, but the the 50% s&h from CB sucks! Although it's a drop in the bucket, considering the price of the smoker, the meat I'll cook, and the charcoal I'll burn. Hopefully, I'll be able to shut it down more effectively.

The new door in all her glory

My wife asked me if she needs to polish it like our ss appliances. lol

Here's my choice of briqs...TJs.

Here's what I'm cooking today..wings. The light ones are seasoned with lemon pepper and the dark with HDD (my fave). Wings on. Needed more space so I flipped the bottom rack to add more capacity...gotta love the handles

Looking good so far! Sorry...what's HDD?

Don't forget finished pics. Love seeing those crunchy wings

My Maverick 732 probes died so I lost sight of the temps. I cooked without the pan and there was a grease fire. Here are the charred remains

Thanks Mike. Luckily, the way the charcoal burned, the crispest were the HDDs, which were the ones I ate. The others were spot on! I just closed all the vents and hope the new door makes a difference. I hope the fire snuffs out.

Yeah, the shipping on the CB door was tough to swallow at first --- but the overall delivered price wasn't too bad. Once I had it in hand, I realized I made a great purchase. Nice job on the wings and I woulda ate the 'crunchy' ones also. :D

Thanks Jim. We have a plate for you, and I think you'll enjoy the weather. It's a cool 68*. :)

Temp is slowly dropping on the pit. It better snuff out. If not, fool me once..... Shouldn't have put a whole bag in. Ugh.

Yeah, the shipping on the CB door was tough to swallow at first --- but the overall delivered price wasn't too bad. Once I had it in hand, I realized I made a great purchase. Nice job on the wings and I woulda ate the 'crunchy' ones also. :D

Thanks Chad. The crunchy ones were carbonized. Hard to taste anything but crunch. Haha.

The one thing I realized about the CB door was that when it's open, it doesn't have a catch to keep it in place, but easy to compensate.

Ugh. Temp is still holding steady. I just want it to die out. I measured everything today and everything's round. Now I'm thinking about gaskets.

That door is awesome. What is CB? Probably a stupid question. I've used heat resistant tape around my door on occasion due to the air leakage, mainly on low and slow cooks. Also, do the new WSM's come with those casters on the legs or is that an upgrade from "CB" also? Nice cook too.

That door is awesome. What is CB? Probably a stupid question. I've used heat resistant tape around my door on occasion due to the air leakage, mainly on low and slow cooks. Also, do the new WSM's come with those casters on the legs or is that an upgrade from "CB" also? Nice cook too.

CB is Cajun Bandit. That's where I bought the ss door. No, I added the wheels myself.

Back