Wings and Things.

Pete in PG

TVWBB Pro
Opened a bottle of 2006 Bernardus Marinus for inspiration. A very good local wine. My wife just returned home so dinner for just the two of us. Simple, uncomplicated and tasty.... I hope.

kd3j.jpg
\

Seasoned some chicken wings and drumsticks with Chef Merito's chicken seasoning after a quick dip in orange juice. Thank you Tony for telling me about this; it is DELICIOUS!

1o0y.jpg

The thing that takes the greatest amount of work in this cook is prepping the artichoke. I prefer the larger ones as they have a bigger heart. Start by trimming off the end, then slicing in half. Use a tablespoon to cut out the thistle's choke; it's like scooping ice cream.

q5jl.jpg

Immediately after slicing the artichoke, I squeeze fresh lemon over it to keep the flesh from oxidizing.

kaax.jpg

I steam the two halves for 30 minutes; then let them cool a bit while waiting for the grill. Pictured behind them is a french vinaigrette dressing I generously put over the artichokes after they're grilled.

9udw.jpg

Chicken indirect for just about an hour at this point.

uiwk.jpg

'chokes on! Slathered with canola oil. Just a few minutes.... Face first.

4zba.jpg

Flipped.

30c4.jpg

Toasted us some freshly sliced banquette and everybody's on the grill!

w4nl.jpg

And, finally, we are plated. Lightly rubbed a smashed clove of fresh garlic on the toasted bread and then brushed on a wonderful Tuscan olive oil.

3g40.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Wings with a quick dip in OJ? Sounds interesting.

More to hold the rub on or add a little tang to the flavor of the wings?

Excellent looking meal. I love Chef Meritos on chicken too as well as Artichokes on the grill. I never ate artichokes before until I learned how to clean them.

Back