Will a Genesis Silver C fit in the back of a highlander or Rav 4

So tomorrow morning instead of driving 40 miles in bad traffic I’m going to go a couple miles away and have a look at that silver c keeping in mind all the things to look for I don’t understand what was said about the horizontal bar is not attaching to the vertical and if they rust out there’s no support I don’t understand that at all

Ok, so here's a frame from an 05 Platinum C...

y9ckwdZ.jpg

You can see the rust and condition of the bottom tray. It was pretty bad so I decided to convert it to an open cart. Also notice the horizontal bars.

SHPmoYz.jpg

Here it is without the rusted tray...you can see that there are no horizontal bars because the bars are really not connected to the frame, they are part of the tray (one piece). It's called the bottom accessory panel and the replacement is pricey.

https://www.ereplacementparts.com/w...tinum-grill-parts-c-193079_193087_193352.html Number 27

HBSgueS.jpg

Here is the wire rack for the cart, I believe Weber discontinued it though.

I guess if tray is a little rusty it can be sanded and sprayed. But I will really check the bottom of the box and the upper horizontal cross bars

I started my grill with a Genesis C which also had a rusted floor pan. I decided to replace it with a DIY wooden floor made of cedar. I reused the metal clamps from the oroginal floor pan and some aluminum angles to hold the floor in place.

poxexBfij

pn4rOmqPj

I started my grill with a Genesis C which also had a rusted floor pan. I decided to replace it with a DIY wooden floor made of cedar. I reused the metal clamps from the oroginal floor pan and some aluminum angles to hold the floor in place.

Nice that wood floor turned out great.

BTW the answer to the questions is yes. I have 2 Highlanders a 1st generation one and a 2nd generation one and both will fit a Genesis pretty easily

That woodwork looks great! Well I took the plunge and honestly I was embarrassed to offer$40-50. It was in that good shape. Burners look great, box is pretty clean. Really no rust. The bottom tray had about 8 sq in of peeling paint. I pulled it off and no damage to the metal-still solid. I will Rustoleum the bottom. Only thing I need to get are 2 casters, these are not rolling well and and one side on both is off. Tomorrow will take out burners and make sure screens r clean. Got into Rav with no problems but took lid off. Yes the grates arecoated cast iron heavy as heck and no rusts. They actually look good. Flavorizer Bars are functionable no rust through. The only negative so far was when it was on its side and I opened the back door to have a look tiny ants started coming out of the leg. I sprayed and got them. The only thing on my back floor were some dead ants- no rust or stuff that flakes off. Now what to do with Genesis E330 because I don’t need 2 grills. The one I picked today is a bit smaller but it says on sticker 46,000 BTU less than the e330. Will post pics when I register on imgur. BTW I ended up paying 75$ with a tank, which saves me $15 from buying extra one on CL. Thanks. Love to hear your thoughts about price etc

I think you did good George, if the bottom try is still intact with minimal rust then $75 is worth it. I wouldn't worry about the BTUs too much as the older grill still gets hot quicker per this article....

https://www.thespruceeats.com/comparing-genesis-weber-grills-334917

Pretty much what you have right now...hopefully you can post some pics soon. As far as the other grill goes if you don't need it then sell it as I'm sure you'll be able to sell it quickly since grilling season is almost here and I don't think most people don't want to spend close to a grand for a brand new Genesis.

Last edited:
Thanks. Really want to get some pics and post. Need to figure out best way to rotisserie on it. I read in one of the posts but can’t find. Do I just use the front burner while it’s turning. What do I do with Flavorizer Bars???

Front burner or back burner or even both if you need extra BTU's. Never middle. You can leave the flavo bars in if they don't get in the way. If you need to, you could remove the middle three bars but I would put a tent of aluminum foil over the middle burner to keep it from getting gunked up from the roto meat dripping.

Back