Wild Salmon Night on the Grill

Cap Piel

Since the wife, not a fan of salmon was away at a bachorelette party, decided to get a nice piece of wild salmon and fire up the One Touch tonight.

Grabbed a nice piece of Wild Sockeye Salmon at Costco this morning. Knew I would have some leftovers since it was for one. (Huge wild salmon guy, especially since watching "Salmon Confidential" the documentary. Crazy stuff going on up north and fish farms, well....) Shameless plug

Rubbed a layer of brown sugar and then added some lemon pepper seasoning

Fired up the OneTouch, had temps around 340 the entire time. Added some mesquite chips I had laying around

Watched the Phils choke against the White Sox, then it was done maybe 20-30 minutes after start

Kept it healthy tonight

Thanks for the ideas on this site everyone!
Joe

That looks really tasty, Joe. From the photo of the uncooked salmon, it looks nice and thick. Whenever they get wild salmon at the Costco I go to, they're rarely that thick. I'm a sucker for good quality wild salmon. If I'm ever reborn as an animal, I wanna be a grizzly bear, just hanging out in a river with an all-you-can-eat buffet of migrating salmon:D.

Even raw that Salmon looked fantastic. From the evidence of that last pic are you sure the Bachlorette party is not at your house?

I am another Salmon and Steelhead fan. I mostly grill on a Cedar Plank on my OTG. Definitely GOOD STUFF!

Thanks for sharing with us!
Dale53

Great looking salmon! Never thought of brown sugar on fish.

My wife would take the Elijah Craig behind it.

Back