wicked good lump competition brand is changing wood

Craig Castille

TVWBB Wizard
FYI-

Any wicked good lump users should be aware that they are changing some of the woods used in their current composition.

I am assuming this may lead to a shortage of their product for a while.

You can still order 11lb bags of the competition brand online, but after that supply has been depleted we all will have to wait for the new stuff.

I just ordered 12 bags, so I will be set for 6 months or so.

wickedgoodcharcoal.com

Bummer
icon_redface.gif
but thanks for the heads up. I'd planned to order a whole pallet for pick up in Conn when spring sprung but I guess I'll just order a few bags. Still plan to pick up some Hump lump when next in Penn.

Kevin,

Any idea where I can get Humphreys' around Orlando or Tampa?

I have emailed them to no avail. Heard really good things about their lump.

They never answer their email.

They don't distribute in the south or at least they didn't but I don't think that's changed. If I can get a bunch I will and you can meet me somewhere in O'do.

I am not sure that it is the same blend of woods as the competition. But, I have not tried it. I figure if I want it to burn hot and fast, I'll save the money and use Royal Oak.

I save the Wicked Good for long cooks.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by K Kruger:
They never answer their email.

They don't distribute in the south or at least they didn't but I don't think that's changed. If I can get a bunch I will and you can meet me somewhere in O'do. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Kevin, Not sure how much they keep on hand but it's worth a shot, No? Clicky

Yes it might be worth it. I really had hoped to do the pallet thing in Conn but... .

Tried Spitfire in Ga several months ago. You email them an order (at least you did at the time--their website is no longer up) and they're supposed to call you back promptly. I e'd them just south of Chattanooga, stopped at Harry's in Marietta (that's when I first scored Morea), shopped there, and was past Atlanta on the way to Fla when they finaly got back to me--by email, not phone. Annoying.

I haven't tried the Tampa place. They're fairly new to WG but I'll call them. I ordered some 11-pounders when Craig posted the warning and am having them shipped to Conn (less than half the shipping than to Fla) and will pick them up there. I might call Spitfire again and see what they have since they're actually more convenient for me than Tampa.

But I think a bunch of Hump lump is in the cards--whenever I up your way.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by K Kruger:

But I think a bunch of Hump lump is in the cards--whenever I up your way. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well i have 5-40's in the garage for that day.
icon_wink.gif

I'll be working on that. Let me know if you go to get more before I make it up there. Been waiting for winter to quit which is pretty much happening. Need to get the truck to Bethel before I hit 100K on the odometer--I'm at 70 now and drive 12-15K/month so it'll be sooner than later. And my new bike is in Conn which I really need--like weeks ago--so the motivation is there big time.

kevin - there's a store in Danbury that sells the wicked good. Not sure if they do bulk... but they may have more competition blend left. Where are you buying yours?

DURANTS TENTS & EVENTS
90 Federal Street
Danbury, CT 06810
(203) 744-2295
www.durantstents.com

Is that where you get yours? They quoted me $17 for a 20# bag...

Spendy! No, I've been getting it direct and having it shipped to Conn (my brothers) and picking it up there. I was paying 13.50 plus shipping (which worked out to about 15/bag). My current order of the 11-pounders is 6.50/bag for 6 bags plus 14.58 shipping to Conn.

For those of you in the chicago area looking whats left of the Wicked good comp blend. There is a Fireplaces plus in Vernon Hills that still has some of the 22# bags. I just took all the bags they had in the store but the guy said he had more in storage.

Now I just need to find a place to hide it so I won't be tempted to use it at home, but don't forget about it when comps come around.

Back