Why is it so hard to get OEM Weber parts for a 3 y/o grill?

Terry Hlavaty

TVWBB Member
I'll apologize up-front for the rant,,,,,

I decided to take the advice given in my E-210 NG thread, and order a new set of orifice's to adjust and make up for the low pressure provided by my NG supplier.

Shopping at one of the recommended online vendors shown in this forum, I order and receive a new set of jets, that look nothing like the Weber (part # not known) ones I need. Then, when I bring this up to the attention of them, I get ripped a new butt-hole by a guy telling me they he's converted 1000's of grill, and I have no idea what I'm doing. Mind you, I'm not changing from LP to NG, or visa-versa, I'm simply going to increase the orifice diameter by .002" or so. So I'll eat those jets.

Order #2, different online vendor, has a clear picture of the #***** jet that matches the originals. Order a new set of 2, receive my order today, there's 1 in a well labeled and sealed package, the rest of the order is an empty bag that is open at 1 end. Trying to work thru their RMA process, so far they are charging me a 2nd shipping fee to send the replacement.

Does it REALLY need to be this difficult? TJH

Last edited:
I would say the vendors are fortunate that you did not mention them by name on this forum.

I doubt weber would sell them for the purpose intended. Also, they probably only stock the exact sizes they use in grills.

I doubt weber would sell them for the purpose intended. Also, they probably only stock the exact sizes they use in grills.

Just had a good conversation w/Weber, and while they are sympathetic to my problem, they do not have a solution to my low incoming pressure problem, and do not have a part # for just the orifice that I am going to try and modify. They'll sell me an entire manifold assembly for $60+, but not just the jets. The part number for the jets that I thought it was is in-correct, that jet has a smaller hex (7mm) and will not seal properly.

Have you talked to the gas company? When I put in my pool heater, they had to increase the gas pressure to supply both the furnace and pool heater. Not sure what it was-new regulator?

I would raise heck if it was me. If you are not getting correct pressure to the house, that sounds like a real problem. Maybe even a safety issue.

The gas company won’t come out? Horse poo! Call and tell them you smell gas, their little tails will be there pronto!then have them look into the pressure issue, that’s not right. You pay these people but they have you over the barrel when it comes to service. I’m pretty lucky, the gas company office is about half a mile away, when I smell gas, they are right here!
Last year when they we’re replacing gas service lines, sewer lines, water supply, and replacing the road. I smelled gas one night. I talked with the installing crew next morning and the lead told me to call it in, “customers get faster response than we do!” The sniffer crew was here in 10 minutes, tracked down the leak to a neighbors place! The crew was happy I’d noticed it, neighbor? Not so much, he’s an odd duck and didn’t want the guys in his house!?
I suggest you call them and raise their roof a bit!

I hope he doesn't find out you were the one who called the gas company and sent them to his house.

I’m not sure he ever let the guys in, I just hope he doesn’t have a freezer full of bodies !
Obviously, having a body in a freezer is not illegal,,,,

TJH

Back