Why do I have to be stuck at work??

Joey K

TVWBB Member
So I placed an order for my tel-tru thermometer a while ago (good grief what did they have to do fire up the production line just to make one thermometer
icon_confused.gif
). And have been patiently (okay okay I've been checking the tracking number ever 20 minutes
icon_razz.gif
to see where the bloodything was), when my wife instant messages me today and says "Guess what just got here". Now seeings that I had been checking my tracking number to see where it was I wasn't expecting it to be here yet so I told her I had no idea.

Long story short she teases me with it for a while and finally gives in and tells me that the thing was delivered today. I couldn't believe it, according to the tracking number it was still in IL or somewhere. So now I'm just wondering why I have to be stuck at work when I have a perfectly good thermometer to install.

**checks clock ... damn**

**hmm maybe now...Damn again!**

**now?? ARGHHH!!!**
icon_biggrin.gif

Let me know what you think of your new thermometer, I'm using a cheap candy thermometer thru the lid vent and am not happy with it. Are you going to do a mod and drill it in or use it thru the lid? What was the cost and how long did it take to ship? Let me know what you think. Thanks.....Chris

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by chris comer:
Let me know what you think of your new thermometer, I'm using a cheap candy thermometer thru the lid vent and am not happy with it. Are you going to do a mod and drill it in or use it thru the lid? What was the cost and how long did it take to ship? Let me know what you think. Thanks.....Chris </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Joey, Bummer being stuck at work when new toys come in the mail.
icon_frown.gif

Chris, Tel Tru makes a mighty fine thermo. The BBQ Guru folks sell one that has a nice silicon grommet on it that keeps it secure in the top vent. Here's a link for you
icon_wink.gif

Hey Joey, I purchased a Tel-true and I just love it. I know the feeling about being stuck at work, mine arrived at the office and I swear I must have opened the box a dozen times, just couldn’t wait until I got home so I could install it. Good luck and keep us posted on how the install goes. By the way, which one did you purchase?

Thanks Bryan looks like a nice upgrade over that cheap a$$ candy thermometer I am currently using. Everything I've heard about BBQ Guru seems they are a good company to purchase from.
Thanks for the link......Chris

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bryan S:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by chris comer:
Let me know what you think of your new thermometer, I'm using a cheap candy thermometer thru the lid vent and am not happy with it. Are you going to do a mod and drill it in or use it thru the lid? What was the cost and how long did it take to ship? Let me know what you think. Thanks.....Chris </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Joey, Bummer being stuck at work when new toys come in the mail.
icon_frown.gif

Chris, Tel Tru makes a mighty fine thermo. The BBQ Guru folks sell one that has a nice silicon grommet on it that keeps it secure in the top vent. Here's a link for you
icon_wink.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I had 2 of them. They are great thermometers that stick in on vent hole. I said I had 2. One went missing at a comp last year. While the Dudette and I were socializing somebody must have borrowed it and forgot to return it.

i just bought a cheap candy therm. today...oops...i hope it will work out fine for now...i ain't got much $$$ left for anything else for awhile...

I definitely went with the mod and drilled a hole and mounted it. I think it was like 35 or 40 but I ordered it on the 10th of march and it didn't get here till the 4th of April.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Toby Keil:
...Good luck and keep us posted on how the install goes. By the way, which one did you purchase? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I went with the UT300 3" dial 50/550 degrees F, 4" stem. as seen here:

Everything went great! Borrowed a uni-bit from my brother-in-law and drilled the hole right through no problems. I don't even think it chipped the finish at all. The pix make it look like a little chipping but thats just the way the uni-bit cuts.

Now I can't wait for my next smoking session!
wsmsmile8gm.gif

Joey, glad things went well. I'm not the Tim Taylor Tool Guy type so I'd feel more comfortable getting something like Bryans link showed. Does the thermometer have a high quality look and feel to it?

Joey, glad things went well. I'm not the Tim Taylor Tool Guy type so I'd feel more comfortable getting something like Bryans link showed. Does the thermometer have a high quality look and feel to it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yea quality and feel are nice. After all I got it straight from here. I don't think you have to be the Tim the Tool Guy type for this mod. Really simple and just follow the steps found Mounting An Industrial-Grade Thermometer

Back