Whoo hoooo! Just scored an WSM @ lowes!

Someone ordered and cancelled the order so they reduced it and put it out on the floor!
The customer service was so horrible that I got a chimney starter and 40lbs of kingsford blue for $269! And I don't even have to put it together!!!

Sounds like you came across a good deal Steve. You won't be disappointed with it.

Allyn
22.5 WSM

Awesome deal. You are about the begin the cooking experience of your life. Warning this website will transform you!

Congrats on your find. May I recommend you take the time to season your new smoker to build up some grease inside. It doesn't take long and will help control temps when you do your first cook.

Congrats and welcome to the Crew!
wsmsmile8gm.gif

Originally posted by Dwain Pannell:
Congrats on your find. May I recommend you take the time to season your new smoker to build up some grease inside. It doesn't take long and will help control temps when you do your first cook.
Funny you say that as I am burning a ring of kingsford blue with half chimney on top.
Should I leave the vents wide open? I wanted to play around with them to get the hang on temp control but I seem to be having an issue getting under 300

Steve, Just start cooking! That is the best way to "season" it. It's possible it might run a little hot the first couple of cooks but nothing that a little fire control won't manage.
Just curious; Lowes@Boston Rd.?

Yeah! I absolutely despise that location but I went there during lunch to buy a sprinkler head and said what the heck..lemme see what they have and that little bugger was in the corner....I called last night and the said they still had it...I couldn't resist

Did ya end up buying the sprinkler head??
icon_biggrin.gif

I gotta stay away from the Home Improvement stores as much as I can during the summer!! I get that deer in the headlight look and go right to the grills on display!!!

Originally posted by Marc:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">and that little bugger was in the corner
Nice!
Your employer... starts with a "C" ?
Used to do a lot of photography for them before the takeover... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yes sir! How long ago? I don't seem to recall the name

Yeah well, "back in the day" the work was done with a couple of adv. agencies local... did a couple things with Smithfield but I'm guessing most is coming out of corporate in OH at this point.
Won't ever forget the first time I was in the plant doing photos.... and checking out the huge curing chambers... Awesome stuff!

Man I came into a deal also. I originally wanted a 18.5" but my local dealer said they were back ordered for two weeks. He told me he could get me a 22.5" the next day. I didnt want to pay that much for one. He said, "what if I sell it to you for $325 since I cant get you the smaller one" I said SOLD!!!!

By the way.... I seasoned mine with a half load of coals some hickory chunks and a Lb of old Bacon. Chucked the Bacon and cooked a Boston butt the next day. AWESOME!! I love this thing
wsmsmile8gm.gif

Back