Wholesalebolts.com - Recommended place to buy nuts and bolts in bulk

Kyle in Woodstock

TVWBB Guru
If you rehab or plan on rehabbing grills often, then you likely need a decent supply of 1/4" stainless steel bolts. If I take a bolt off and it looks worn or really I ugly I replace it with a nice stainless steel bolt, same with washers and nuts. If you are rebuilding a keeper grill, you should be doing this anyways. I haven't worked on many different gas grills, but most of the Weber grills I've rehabbed seem to all have 1/4" bolts, just different lengths.

Anyways, I found this website to have some pretty reasonable prices. The last few orders that I placed had flat rate UPS shipping for $8. I usually order 30-40 of each size in the stainless steel 18-8 (which I think is 304). Also order a bunch of washers and nuts since those are so inexpensive. I keep mine organized in an old tackle box.

It's not my website and I don't get any kind of referral fee for them. If you guys know of a cheaper option please share!
My local Ace Hardware closes each day at 5pm. I usually go shopping for this stuff after work, so they are never an option. And Home Depot / Lowe's usually charge over .20 cents for each bolt. It's nice to have a bulk supply and not have to worry about running out to the store for each rehab.

When you get them, put a magnet to them and let us know if they are magnetic.

I've been using them for a few months now. I had to order a bunch of lag bolts when I was building a big play set for my kids and ordered some then. And kept reordering.
There is a slight magnetic pull, but not a strong one. Very similar to the ones I get from Home Depot. If i put the bolt on the magnetic and move my hand a little, the bolt falls off. Just to give you an idea of how weak the pull is. I pulled an old bolt I pulled off a Performer and the magnetic pull was very strong, probably just a standard steel job there.

Edit: Also wanted to mention, this is using a very big heavy duty magnet, not a small refrigerator magnet.

18-8 stainless for bolts.

" 18/8' is probably the most commonly used stainless steel and contains 18% chromium and 8% nickel. This steel is also known as '304' (in the American AISI grade designation system) or 1.4301 in the European BS EN 10088 standard. "

Bookmarked,that's a good link.
By me Farm & Fleet sells bolts, nuts and washers by the lb. As long as they are the same diameter and style you can add whatever different lengths you need to the bag. They don't have a really good selection of SS last time I checked.

Tim

Back