Who would of thought you could still buy these new ?

MarkCuda

TVWBB Pro
Wow, I was very surprised to see I could buy this instead of having mine powdercoated.
Is there any plastic in these that would prevent me from having mine powdercoated ?1000007000.jpg

They didn't start using that style of tank scale until 2000. It is fortunate that you can still get those new because the sticker that shows the propane level fades and peels off. The older pointer style ones are far easier to restore, and your only choice since they are NLA.

Powder coating that would not be good for the level sticker. Also, the back of the tank holders is plastic or vinyl or something like that. It might be heat resistant and I don't know how hot powder coating gets, but I don't think I would risk it.

Powder coating that would not be good for the level sticker. Also, the back of the tank holders is plastic or vinyl or something like that. It might be heat resistant and I don't know how hot powder coating gets, but I don't think I would risk it.
Bruce, do you ever buy new ones for your rehabs, or just go with the original one?

Those tank scales are readily available from many sources I'm curious about the statement about the newer style labels peeling off. I have one on my Silver C, one on my daughters 1000 replaced the original cause I thought it was useless and a spare in the basement, none have any labels peeling off.

Wire wheel if really bad. Then sanding with something like 200 grit sand paper. Tape up the plastic mounting part and also place a length of masking tape over the yellow level sticker and cut it out around the sticker. Rustoleum Rust reformer for a pre coat and then Rustoleum 2x semi-gloss black to finish. Basically same process for the bracket and thumb screw, but I usually just replace the thumb screw with a SS one on my rehabs.

I wish you lived by me, I'd give you this one I got today from my buddy. I was hoping it was for a Genesis 1000, new in the box.IMG_20240528_163649463.jpg

Back