Who is your favorite TV chef to watch?

I used to be a Food Network addict but honestly I probably watch more Youtube these days. Chud's BBQ and 2GuysandaCooler are some of my favorites. I used to watch Justin Wilson and Yan Can Cook on PBS back in the day. Alton Brown and Bobby Flay are good. Emeril was good. Most shows now are competition based on Food Network and that's fine, I just don't watch it as much as I used to.
I'll have to agree. I don't really care for the competition shows.

Actually, I don't watch too many cooking shows now. I probably have over 1,000 recipes on tape that I will never get around to, over almost 300 binders filled with recipes and that is not counting almost 100 cookbooks I'm keeping and 5 boxes full I'm not keeping.

BUT, I am still always on the look out for that one recipe that just sounds too good to pass up.;)
Like the one that has been sitting next to me for a couple of days now, waiting for the right morning to ask DH to make it for us. It's a chocolate MUFFIN recipe. I think I will post it on the "Odds and Ends" forum.

Last edited:
I'll have to agree. I don't really care for the competition shows.
Yes. If it's a straight up cooking competition, I'll probably watch it. Things like the original Iron Chef America: here's a secret ingredient, 5 dishes, 1 hour. Beat Bobby Flay: secret ingredient, or what dish are we making? I don't care for the latter ICA: oh, by the way, 20 minutes in, and here's a twist. Or Chopped. Or, for gawd's sake, Worst Cooks in America.... just the ads for it make me want to break things.

Back