Who is cooking today? 12/21/08

Dale Perry

TVWBB Guru
I put 2 butts on for some friends at 8 am this morning. Going to put some moink balls on later. Who else is cooking today?

It's -4 right now with a wind chill of -30. I'm trying to avoid going out and clearing the snow that came down overnight. I don't think I'll be cooking outdoors today
icon_smile.gif
I know... I'm a wimp.
icon_rolleyes.gif

I did take some pulled pork out of the freezer for dinner. Does that count?

The snow is flying. What the heck. Going to grill a few hot dogs around noon, then chicken for supper. In between, it's football all day

Originally posted by Ron Lewen:
I did take some pulled pork out of the freezer for dinner. Does that count?

My vote says it counts.

Going to make fatties & moink balls too. MMMM cant wait.

I'm with Ron on this one, -6 with -33 wind chill. After I got done shoveling the drive and sidewalk this morning, I vowed not to go back outside today
icon_razz.gif
You should have seen me with my wife's purple scarf on lol. A guys gotta do what a guys gotta do
icon_wink.gif

I have 3 racks of St Louis spares plus the tips on one WSM and 4 whole chickens on the other. 3 chickens will be for pulled chicken for the family and the rest I am taking to work tomorrow for a potluck. It about 35 degrees here and everything has a thin coat of ice. I am cooking at 275, both smokers controlled by a stoker.

This morning I pulled four butts off at 4 am and put 4 more on. I'm using Dr. Pepper Rub freshly prepared yesterday. Later today I'll be making a pot of N0. 5 sauce and Lexington sauce to join the pork for Christmas gifts. The first batch of butts made 10 1 lb. foodsavered bags.

Nice and warm here...my son is mowing the grass!

Well I had pulled a brisket out a couple days ago. Debating rubbing it and throwing it on. We got snow last night for the first time in three yeasr, and lots of it. Wouldn't normally be a big deal but I don't own a shovel! Might fire up the smoker in the garage with the door open.

Clark

Moink balls are just meatballs wrapped in bacon and sprinkled with a rub, cooked until almost done then add some sauce, Cook some more and when bacon is done and sauce is set eat them all. I think they are great.

i'm going to cook something today...just not sure what. as for tomorrow, 4 butts are going on for a holiday party.

I understand that Dave. I run out and run back in as fast as possible. First butt is done, 7 hrs cook time. Beautiful. I love my Spicewine. The wind is blowing and I swear it doesnt affect the temps at all.

I'm craving a ribeye, but just don't know I have the motivation to go to the store. No time for a slow cook, although I was really wanting to do some baby backs this morning. Oh well. There's always next weekend.

Back