Who is cooking today? 12/21/08

Gotta find the driveway first. Used the snowblower 3 times since Friday, and have about a 15" drift in it now. Check back with me in April

Originally posted by Steve Petrone:
Dale what size butt? What temp did you use?

Steve the 7 lb butt cooked at 235-245 took 7 hrs and the other butt was a little over 8 lbs and took 8 1/2 hrs. The top rack cooks hot and that is where I had the 7 lber. I just threw them on this morning not thinking too much just wanted to get them done. It turned out pretty good for me rushing it. The butt that cooked a little slower was better no doubt but both were good. When we compete I cook slower, maybe 9 hrs for butts.
icon_smile.gif
I know it doesnt seem right but it is what it is.

Originally posted by JimK:
I'm craving a ribeye, but just don't know I have the motivation to go to the store. No time for a slow cook, although I was really wanting to do some baby backs this morning. Oh well. There's always next weekend.

I ended up w/ the motivation. Got a nice ribeye - they were on sale - and a filet for the Mrs. Went pretty basic, w/ Montreal steak seasoning. Served w/ hash browns and steamed broccoli. I browned some shallot and baby bella in butter, then simmered in Sangiovese with a dash of balsamic and reduced. Made for a nice topping. Unfortunately, my ribeye caught fire while I was tending to the hash browns.
icon_frown.gif
Not a complete loss, but it definitely had a charred flavor.

Seasonal Greetings All,

Sad as it is, we don't live solely off of smoked and barbecued foods...

I spent nearly all day, 12/21/08, making candy and cookies--plus a pepperoni and cream cheese pan pizza to sustain my efforts.

ChocoCashMarsh_04.JPG

ChocoCashMallow_02.JPG

Chocolate Cashew Marshmallow Clusters

DoubleGinger_01.JPG

Double Ginger Crackles

SugarCookies_01.JPG

Best Cut-Out Sugar Cookies

Pepperoni_Pan_01.JPG

Pepperoni and cream cheese pan pizza--Wife/Stoker Jeanette's favorite...

###

cooking 2 12lb's turkeys and 2 8lb's flats briskets. it's 7degrees here and no wind, just cold but the WSM's are doing there things heck the dogs are staying close to the smokers to keep warm! did 3 pork butts friday when it was 1 degrees and windy but did the butts at high temp cook, had them done in 5 hours.

Back