Who cooking their own Father's Day Meal?

dave caston

TVWBB Fan
I am up cooking 9 racks of Spares for Father's Day. I will be working and will provide the meal for me and the guys at the Fire Station, Just hope 9 racks enough!

I'm cooking my own Father's Day meal too. I can't think of a better Father's Day than one spent with family around my grills!

I'm doing surf-n-turf...my dad is a transplanted Bostonian and lobsters are his favorite.

Steamed lobsters. I put a chimney of K in my firepit, place a cooking grate over them and steam the lobsters in my turkey fryer pot...works great.

Bacon wrapped filets on the OTG.

We're driving to my Mom's house tomorrow, so I'm doing all the cooking today. Chuck roll and chicken wings...what better way to guarantee that you get the meal you want on Father's Day?

I had the full intention to spend Father's Day over coals, but the wife had other plans... Travel to her mom's house and spend a few days... I swear...
icon_frown.gif

I've got a 10 lb packer trimmed and injected for a high heat cook tomorrow. Rain forecasted for tonight, so I can't do an all night cook.

Well, I am not a father, but I'll be cooking for them!
Ribs and chicken on the smoker, sausage and dogs on the gasser, tri-tips on the performer.
wsmsmile8gm.gif

Oh yeah, some steamed mussels in a garlic white wine sauce to start off, with lots of grilled bread for dipping. I can't wait!

I'd much rather cook my own FDay meal than anyone else in the family.
icon_smile.gif
Oh, well at least they still need me.

Putting a packer on a bit later.

Just put on the special Father's Day brisket. We're having that, potato salad, fruit salad and guacamole. I can't wait!

I cook almost everyday for me.
icon_biggrin.gif
I just took a Tri-Tip out of the freezer for Sundays dinner. I have no kids, but that's my meal for today, along with some Snow Crab legs and Amish butter of course.
icon_biggrin.gif

Did ours yesterday since wife and oldest are leaving this morning for DC for college orientation and daughter headed off to summer camp. Made 3 racks of ribs and some beans on the WSM. Outstanding.

Bob

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bryan S:
I cook almost everyday for me.
icon_biggrin.gif
I just took a Tri-Tip out of the freezer for Sundays dinner. I have no kids, but that's my meal for today, along with some Snow Crab legs and Amish butter of course.
icon_biggrin.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You cook Snow Crab legs in the WSM? Michele P talked about cooking mussels and the thought of cooking some good seafood in the WSM is intriguing.

Grilling Italian sausage with some red potatoes with garlic and onions that will be tinfoil and grilled and also a few grilled portabellas

Gonna do some chimichurri leg quarters and Mojo Criollo boneless breasts on the OTP. We'll be out at a couple wineries today - hopefully we'll pass a good produce stand or two for some corn and/or squash.

Back