White and dark meat chicken kebobs

Brett-EDH

TVWBB Hall of Fame
Some fresh veggies, yellow rice with vermicelli and white and dark chicken.

Marinated in lemon juice, SPG, Aleppo pepper, sumac, and turmeric.

Clean and healthy and doesn’t mess up diet.

1656555019564.jpeg

The flames are lapping up to the meat with the meat drippings. Oh yeah!

1656555158224.jpeg

Around 140° average temps. Almost done.

1656555836216.jpeg

1656556076046.jpeg

Last edited:
+10 points for skewering the meat and vegetables separately. Despite the obvious advantage, I never would have thought of this. I guess that was the way my dad did it.

Sometimes you just do things without thinking about it and continue that way for decades, even when a moment's thought would suggest an obvious better way.

+10 points for skewering the meat and vegetables separately. Despite the obvious advantage, I never would have thought of this. I guess that was the way my dad did it.

Sometimes you just do things without thinking about it and continue that way for decades, even when a moment's thought would suggest an obvious better way.
The veggies will never get hit enough to kill any pathogens that might be on the chicken. So for food safety, I always keep them separated and they also cook at different rates than the white and dark meat pieces, which too were mostly separated for cook time and temp consistency.

I just prefer to not take silly risks. And I like my veggies still firm, not burnt, which’ll happen if on the chicken skewers.

This was a great meal. Go for it if you like Mediterranean foods. Healthy yet light.

Thanks, @ChuckO I’ve come to enjoy them more on sticks over coals versus on the grates where they tend to dry out some as the grates heat the juices out too much, on the white meat ones.

Back