Whiskey Spray Mop

Joan

TVWBB Hall of Fame
"This is nice and simple and good on everything"

Whiskey Spray Mop

1 cup apple juice
2 TB. Tennessee whiskey
1 TB. soy sauce

In a bowl, combine all ingredients, mix well, and apply as needed from a spray bottle. Makes about 1 1/4 cups

Source: "Dr. BBQ'S Big-Time Barbecue Cookbook" - Ray Lampe (aka Dr. BBQ) - 2005

I make this a lot. I use Jack Daniels #7 and sometimes I use Jack Daniels Honey Whiskey. In both cases, I probably use 1/3 of a cup to one cup apple juice. Another variation is to do a 50/50 apple juice & orange juice (especially good on pork for tacos)

And one last variation that caries over in all cases, substitute Captain Morgan Spice Rum for the Jack Daniels

I use the concentrate (FAJC) in my Apple Pie Shine, which also makes a really good mop sauce, but rarely lasts long enough to use it as a mop

I make this a lot. I use Jack Daniels #7 and sometimes I use Jack Daniels Honey Whiskey. In both cases, I probably use 1/3 of a cup to one cup apple juice. Another variation is to do a 50/50 apple juice & orange juice (especially good on pork for tacos)

And one last variation that caries over in all cases, substitute Captain Morgan Spice Rum for the Jack Daniels
Thanks to Joan for putting the recipe up. Thanhs to you Chuck, for an appropriate amount of whiskey. 😄

Might have to just try all those out. Thanks Chuck👍

Back