Whiskey Chicken

Chris Allingham

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by Tomas Bjornerback in the Beginner's Forum on 1/17/04.

-------------------
The Whiskey Chicken was a modified version of the "Tipsy Chicken" on page 242 in "Weber's big book of grilling":

Marinade:
1/2 cup of Jack Daniel's Tennessee Sour Mash Whiskey (they used bourbon)
2 tablespoons of Honey (they used maple syrup)
1 1/2 tablespoons of Dijon Mustard
1-2 pices of fresh Garlic, finely chopped
1/2-1 teaspoon black pepper

1 chicken, 1-1.4 kg

2 teaspoons kosher salt
2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil

Mix the marinade.

Remove and discard neck, giblets and excess fat from the chicken. Rinse the chicken inside and out. Butterfly the chicken (remove backbone and flatten it by pressing hard, cracking the rib bones).

Marinade in a plastic bag over night (I only had it for one hour, which was too little). Pat dry.
Apply salt, olive oil and more black peppers.

Indirect heat until 170-180?F internal. (2.5 hours for me) Rest for 10 minutes in al. foil.

Of course it would be Joan who resurrects a recipe from 2004 :p. That's part of the beauty of this bb.

Well, I figure if lot of new people don't read my recent posts, they probably don't read the old ones either. LOL

Actually, I have been bad myself in checking out some of the older stuff. There is a lot of really good recipes back there.

Hey, Fletch, this was posted before either of us were members, I don’t often go back 12 years earlier in a forum that I have joined, I’m too lazy (I used to say busy but, all you folks know that balderdash).
Thanks for the bump Joan.

Just for clarification I was only trying to be humorous; I am fascinated when very dated threads come back to life and also when inactive, longstanding members resurface :)

Just for clarification I was only trying to be humorous; I am fascinated when very dated threads come back to life and also when inactive, longstanding members resurface :)
Me too buddy, me too!
I opened something and got right on it then realized it was fifteen years old!🤪

Back