Which new Kettle to buy

Zach Kubesh

Hi everybody, I,m in the Market for a new grill. I,m debating between the performer or the 26 inch kettle. I like the Performer because of the prep space on the side but the extra grilling space is great on the 26.

So really the question remains is the proformer worth the extra money?

Thanks

I have both, Performer I use most of the time. I don't use the gas assist, but the table is so useful, I like the height of it and the stability is there, something you can't get on three wobbly legs. The added space of the 26 is nice too but most of the time I don't need it, I can get everything to fit with the amount of food I need to cook for the size of my family. But if Weber ever makes a 26" Performer, I'm getting one as soon as they come out!!

Zach, I can not speak for the 26'er, but I can tell you the I LOVE my performer! I picked mine up on a sweet deal from Craig's list for only $45! I love the gas assist, (although that may be that the novelty has yet to wear off) and the side table is so useful. I don't know how large your crowd is, but I can cook for 8-10 easily on the performer. Good luck, and let us know which one you decide on.
Tim

Hi everybody, I,m in the Market for a new grill. I,m debating between the performer or the 26 inch kettle. I like the Performer because of the prep space on the side but the extra grilling space is great on the 26.

Thanks

They are both awesome grills. What do you currently have? Would this grill be to supplement what you currently have or be your main cooker?

+1 to the comments above, its the ultimate catch 22:

Performer = table space which is priceless
26" = way more cooking space, especially when cooking a good amount of food indirect

Like the above posters said: a 26"performer would be the mother of all grills!

I opted for performer because the gas assist is a total game changer for charcoal cooking in my opinion, and some people feel the 26" uses more charcoal, which is fine for big cooks but for everyday use can be a negative. Given these two pluses i opted for the performer.

That being said, if a 26" popped up locally on CL for a good price i am scooping it up too.

I have both, Performer I use most of the time. I don't use the gas assist, but the table is so useful, I like the height of it and the stability is there, something you can't get on three wobbly legs. The added space of the 26 is nice too but most of the time I don't need it, I can get everything to fit with the amount of food I need to cook for the size of my family. But if Weber ever makes a 26" Performer, I'm getting one as soon as they come out!!

Agree with John. If I need more space I have a second performer I can fire up. A 26 performer would be a dream come true.

First welcome to the site....Second tough call. I cook mostly for 3 - 4 people which the performer can handle. I do have two performers sitting on the patio and when I'm cooking for 6 plus people I fire up both performers. However, if I found the right deal or budgeted enough money for a new 26, that would be sitting on my patio also. It's like deciding do I get the F150 or the F350, how often are you going to use or need the F350? I drive a Tundra by the way.

Weber's are an addiction and after you get one you will want/need (mostly want) another. So maybe the question should be "which do I get first"?

Again....welcome to the site!

I don't have a performer, but I have a dedicated side table that I use for my 22" Weber. I also have a 26" Weber that I found on CL that was too good a deal to pass up. I use my 22" Weber the majority of the time as I don't always need all the space on the 26". However, the 26" is nice to have when I need the space. I think you will need to decide whether you will consistently need the extra space on the 26". If so, get the 26. If not, get the performed. Later on, if you decide you need more grilling space, you can always get the 26" or find a cheap 22" as a back up.

All that being said, if I had no kettles, and was looking at getting the performer or the 26 and I could only have one grill, I would probably get the 26". Then I would scrounge around and keep an eye for a 22" craiglist special for $20-$30.

Performer and get a spare 22.5" kettle (usually around $25) off craigslist for when you need more space.

Someone needs to Frankenstein like build a 26'' performer....

I have my eye on one of those new mastertouches.

The 26er will not disappoint...its head over heels better than the 22...its great for grilling and especially smoking...fuel usage about the same as a 22...best of luck which ever kettle you choose.

I regret not buying a Preformer! A 26in would be cool but how often do you need that much cooking space?

Thanks

Just buy both and be done with it.

Only you know how often you would actually use the extra capacity of the 26" model? For me it would be next to never but if think you will on a regular basis and the only reason for considering the Performer is the side work space then I say get the 26"er and build or buy a table to go next to it. Problem solved! :)

I have a stainless steel table performer, and a 26". I am considering selling the performer. Love the 26".

Back