Which is the better grill? Silver B or 1000

If you could rehab and own just one Genesis class grill, would it be a Genesis 1000 or Silver B?

• Genesis 1000

Votes: 33 91.7%
  • Silver B

Votes: 3 8.3%

• Total voters

Bruce

TVWBB 2-Star Olympian
Time to nail this down. Everything taken into account, which grill to you prefer. Silver B or Genesis 1000.
Take everything into account: maintenance, cooking performance, parts availability, looks, functionality, versatility, etc.......

I've gotta get a 1000 together to test it out. I'll be interested to see what others have to say.

Of course this is after I spent too much on a stainless steel framed C!

I think the deck is stacked with looks being part of the equation, but that SS frame will serve you well in New Hampshire!

Strictly speaking fire box the 1000 (deep). It offers more rotisserie room as it's biggest advantage IMHO

1000 no doubt for cooking, how a gas grill is built right !!!
Silver B is a cost cutting measure
However given the scarcity and expensive parts for the 1000 that is an issue

Ohoh... looks like I started a ruckus. Didn't mean to start anything but answers to another of questions will be answered in this thread.

For a looker, the older grills with the deep box, red lid and slats are def cooler.

For a cooker, Silver B is better. Newer, more parts available. Plastic handle, thermoset tables and wire rack are more practical than slats. Easier to clean, maintain, replace.

I would argue the B gets a little hotter, a little quicker
and time is very valuable to me.
But the classic look of the 1000 is very important also.
Coin flip.

I agree with this assessment of the 2 grills. I don't have a B. But I do have an A. And it definitely gets hotter faster than my 1000. I'm assuming that's because of the more shallow firebox and fewer flavorizors.

I'll also say that when it comes time to do a deep clean the A is easier due to having less flavorizors to mess with. And the B would be the same.

I never knew Simple Green made a grill cleaner. That is something I will have to research a bit. If I had to guess, I would say that lady lives in Clear Lake Iowa.
That is a lot more in depth than I go through on periodic cleanings. I don't use grill cleaner. I just scrape out the cook box and grease pan with a 2" steel putty knife, I don't usually even bother with the inside of the lid. Basically the same thing for the grates and flavorizer bars. And then I clean the outside stuff with regular simple green. Then a quick burn off and I am ready for another few months.

One thing she forgot in her video was to mention to do a deep burn off after using that grill cleaner on the grates, flavorizer bars and inside the grill. If you don't do that, those first ribeyes you throw on there probably won't taste so good.

I need to start splitting some more. I don't have many left either and they need to propagate before they become extinct.

Back