Where to purchase Weber Summit Kamado?

Robert Terry

TVWBB Fan
Ready to pull the trigger and purchase the Weber Summit Kamado. Pricing looks standard everywhere. Anyone know of a source that would be beneficial in any way? Bonus bucks, free goodies, etc?

This is a significant outlay for me so I want to maximize my purchases…

A local Ace store near you might match it. Just gotta ask-most of them don't floorpan those due to cost, although mine here carry the BGE's-not sure why

Amazon credit card is 5% cash back. It’s the best offer I know of.
Chase Freedom is doing 5% for Amazon purchases this quarter too.

In terms of where to find, you pretty much WONT find it locally. A mom-n-pop patio store told me that the reason nobody has any is that Weber requires they purchase 4 units minimum in order to agree to ship any to store.

Otherwise, it's drop-shipped.

Purchased mine March 30 on Amazon. The earliest delivery date I was offered was April 12 but the pit arrived in a local terminal 9 days before that. I called the shipper and asked for an earlier delivery. They couldn't do it but said that I could pick it up which I did. I got the E6 which fit easily in a minivan without having to remove the middle row of seats. The S6 might be different. The lid had some scratches but a call to Weber got it replaced. The new lid arrived 3 days after the call so now I have a spare lid. None of this is intended to be a complaint. I'm very happy with it all.

My local Ace has $50 off and a cover. But I have a local Weber dealer who will discount everything a bit if you ask. Find a local dealer, typically one that also sells appliances and ask them if they can do anything on price. They will likely give you a small break, put it together, and it will be local. Some places are sold out right now though so if you are in hurry find out who has it in stock near you and scoop it up.

I ordered from Weber off the web site. You military? If so, I believe they used to offer 10% off (if I remember correctly for my purchase).
But I just looked at Weber site….out of stock.

Weber, to my knowledge, does not require x amount of a particular model. There is a minimum buy though...and I’m sure that minimum differs depending on which level or tier the dealer is at.

Now maybe there is something with a requirement of 4 units, but for something like the Kamado that’s just silly.

I don’t know if you are prior military, but many stores offer discounts for vets and front line workers like nurses, police, firefighters, etc. Lowes, Home Depot, Ace Hardware and even Weber‘s website offer a 10% military/veteran discount. Good luck!

I don’t know if you are prior military, but many stores offer discounts for vets and front line workers like nurses, police, firefighters, etc. Lowes, Home Depot, Ace Hardware and even Weber‘s website offer a 10% military/veteran discount. Good luck!
I was going to use my local ACE but they cap the discount to 50.00 for military. So I went Weber.com to get max discount. (ACE rep even said to use the deal-ha)

I was going to use my local ACE but they cap the discount to 50.00 for military. So I went Weber.com to get max discount. (ACE rep even said to use the deal-ha)
Yeah, it’s up to each Ace store manager, they can do it if they want. I was able to get 10% off my performer and they threw in a big bag of lump charcoal. Get it where you can. Congrats.

Bought my E6 at ACE. It was the floor model and it was assembled hen I got it. There was a discount, but I do not remember what it was. Drove it home! Took 2 of us to get it out of the truck.

I don't know for sure, but I expect that Weber won't allow stores to advertise sales on some models. They could do a "store special" and offer a discount, or throw in some side goodies like charcoal or a cover or some tools.

FYI, I first ordered a WSCG from Amazon. During assembly I found multiple parts damaged and called Weber. They wouldn’t replace the parts, but rather made me return it to Amazon. I then went to ACE and bought one locally. I was able to negotiate a very minor discount with the franchise owner and free delivery.

I‘ve had horrible luck with shipped Weber grills. Every one I’ve bought shipped has had damaged parts (at least four that I can recall). Their packaging is designed to be freighted in bulk to retailers, versus consumer shipping. I do think they’ve been working on that the last couple years though with more direct sales and some of the more recent unboxing pics I’ve seen. However, I’d still recommend local if you can find a place that carries it. Any savings you might find online would be negated if you get partially through assembly and have to disassemble, repack, and return it as I did. I wasted hours dealing with it.

FYI, I first ordered a WSCG from Amazon. During assembly I found multiple parts damaged and called Weber. They wouldn’t replace the parts, but rather made me return it to Amazon. I then went to ACE and bought one locally. I was able to negotiate a very minor discount with the franchise owner and free delivery.

I‘ve had horrible luck with shipped Weber grills. Every one I’ve bought shipped has had damaged parts (at least four that I can recall). Their packaging is designed to be freighted in bulk to retailers, versus consumer shipping. I do think they’ve been working on that the last couple years though with more direct sales and some of the more recent unboxing pics I’ve seen. However, I’d still recommend local if you can find a place that carries it. Any savings you might find online would be negated if you get partially through assembly and have to disassemble, repack, and return it as I did. I wasted hours dealing with it.
This is a fascinating post about the way the world is going and probably pertains to other things besides just grills.

Their packaging is designed to be freighted in bulk to retailers, versus consumer shipping. I do think they’ve been working on that the last couple years though with more direct sales and some of the more recent unboxing pics I’ve seen.
This was something that Weber acknowledged as far back at 2008 when I visited their HQ prior to the introduction of the 22.5" WSM. They were making changes to packaging knowing that FedEx and UPS were delivering WSM boxes on their sides instead of vertical. I imagine this has been a continual effort for all grill packaging over the past 14 years since my visit.

Chase Freedom is doing 5% for Amazon purchases this quarter too.

In terms of where to find, you pretty much WONT find it locally. A mom-n-pop patio store told me that the reason nobody has any is that Weber requires they purchase 4 units minimum in order to agree to ship any to store.

Otherwise, it's drop-shipped.
Checking my Chase card now…

Back