When do you

Ditto.

I don't understand waiting to load the meat when using the MM. I can see waiting for the temps to come down during a Standard start-up but part of the point--perhaps much of the point--in using a MM start is to assemble/load all at once so that one can catch temps on the way up. I use the MM for pretty much all cooks, including the high heat cooks.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I always put the meat on right away, saves the effor of putting the cooker back together after! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And putting the cooker back together can be a real feat with smoke and fire roaring.

As the pthers have said. I light my charcoal, assmeble the WSM, put the meat on, then the lid and I'm done. No need to wait.
icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bryan S:
As the pthers have said. I light my charcoal, assmeble the WSM, put the meat on, then the lid and I'm done. No need to wait.
icon_wink.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Same here.

I started waiting. When the WSM gets up to temp, the white billowing smoke gets lighter and then I put the ribs on. I also use a modified minion start in that I put on a lot of lit coals. I think it gives the ribs a lighter smoke taste.

For larger cuts of meat like butts, I just go ahead and put the meat on.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dino Harris:
Since I use the Minion Method, mine are placed on asap. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Same here.

Back