When do you put the meat on ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Al Silverman

TVWBB Pro
Hi,
I am getting ready to do a midnight brisket cook using my Guru and MM (and #2 rub)and was wondering ...Should I put the put the meat on right after assembling the WSM and let the Guru bring it up to temp.OR wait till it gets to temp and then put the meat on?????
Thanks
Al

Al,

I always put mine on right after putting the lit coals on, close it up, and I'm done. I have read where others here wait, though. With mine and 2 butts on, takes about 35 minutes to come up to temp.

Good luck with your brisket, and keep us updated
icon_wink.gif

Bill,
Thanks, That's the direction I was headed. I think, however, since it's a small 7# brisket,I'm going to get up early and start it around 6:00am Sunday morn. and have it ready for dinner.

Al

Al, i just used the Guru for the firs time this past fri.....i waited to put my meat on..however i did let the guru bring the wsm up to temp...i think next time ill give the wsm a good half hour to do it itself....what happened by me was the guru got all the coals nice and stocked and even when i put the cold meat on the temp never did go down....nothing major jsut when i peaked alot of the coals were lit.. ....so i think ill let the wsm bring it up and then turn on the guru to keep it at a stable temp...just my thought...enjoy
MOrds
keep smilin

Al

When using the MM, which is almost always for me, I put the meat on immediately. I also use sand, primarily, and I think this slows the rate of assent and lessens the chance of runaway temps.

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back