What's your favorite smoke wood?

Hickory for most everything...mainly it is available.

I use Apple solely for ribs...baby backs...hickory is too smokey for my family's taste...apple is perfect.

BBQ Galore in ATL area....at least the alpharetta new location had a great selection of wood in large chunks...not chips like most places.

well, while I would normally say hickory - in fact I think I did earlier in this same thread, BBQ Santa Claus (aka Kevin Kruger) visited and dropped off some apple and peach. So, now that is my favorite.

In other words, what I currently have on hand is my current favorite!

adam--

Apple, alder, and pear. The alder has the smoother bark, the pear is the slab. Enjoy it!

yes, I knew that... really, I did. promise!
icon_smile.gif

I will definitely enjoy it. And - for the alder (which I didn't forget) - I've got some salmon lined up for this weekend. Can't wait.

Thanks again, Santa Claus!

Rene--

I got your e of yesterday to which I responded and then sent another to you asking you to let me know if you got it. I've not gotten anything since. I'm guessing that my anti-spam client is nabbing your mail for some reason. That runs on my home computer. As soon as I can get someone to look at it I'll know for sure. Quite possibly the home unit was offline when we first corresponded and quite possibly the 'geocities' within your signature space (or the 'sbcglobal') is the problem. I'll fix it. We have a knife or two to discuss.
icon_smile.gif

I've had some luck smoking chicken thighs with grape vine chunks. Gives a hint of wine to the thighs. Verry tasty. Even used it in a competition this year and took 10th.

Back