Whats your favorite Flank Steak recipe?

JeffG

TVWBB Emerald Member
I went to Costco on the way home from work and picked up some tasty looking Flank steak.
I know the longer you marinade it the better it taste, so whats your go to recipe?

I did a very simple evoo, kosher salt, and course black pepper.... always good.

Thanks Jeff

fullsizeoutput_c01.jpeg

Jeff, I have over 100 recipes for marinating GRILLED flank steak. Want to help me narrow the choices down a little? lol

Jeff, in the meantime, I searched beef recipes that we have made. I found this one. First made it back in 1991 and then again in 1997 and forgot all about it. Both times it received a VERY GOOD!!! rating. I was happy to read that my mother was around for both times and really enjoyed it. I hope you will also.

Flank Steak Marinade

1/2 cup fresh lime juice
1/4 cup beer or water
1 TB. Worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup olive or vegetable oil
10 peppercorns
1 bay leaf
1 tsp. chili powder
1 large garlic clove, minced
2 TB. brown sugar
1 cup chopped cilantro

1. To make marinade, combine lime juice, beer or water and Worcestershire sauce in a glass bowl large enough to hold the flank steak. With a whisk beat in the oil a few drops at a time. Add the peppercorns, bay leaf, chili powder, garlic and brown sugar. Stir vigorously. Stir in cilantro.
2. Prick the flank steak all over with a fork. Place meat in marinade, cover and refrigerate for 6 to 48 hours, stirring occasionally. Drain well and pat dry before grilling. Enough for up to 3 lbs.

Oh no, I just saw this in the flank steak binder and told DH. Yep, he said to put it in the "Make Soon" folder. (I think he wants it tomorrow night.) lol

Cheese-Crusted Flank Steak

1 cup dry red wine
2 TB olive oil
2 TB red wine vinegar
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 TB minced fresh oregano or 1 tsp. dried, crumbled
2 1 1/2 lbs. flank steaks, trimmed

1 cup grated cheddar cheese
2 tsp. Dijon mustard
1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce

1. Combine wine, oil, vinegar, garlic and oregano in shallow non-aluminum baking pan. Add steaks, turning to coat. Cover and refrigerate 24 to 48 hours, turning occasionally.
2. Prepare grill (high heat). Combine cheese, mustard and Worcestershire in small bowl. Drain steaks. Grill 5 minutes. Turn over and spread with cheese mixture. Grill for about 5 minutes more for medium rare. Slice thinly across grain on diagonal and serve. 6 servings

Occasionally I'll marinate my flank steaks with oil, salt, pepper, garlic, cilantro, a dash of chili powder, lime juice and a smidgen of Worcesershire sauce if I'm making fajitas.

However, most of the time I'm pretty basic with them. There's this rub company out of Texas called "2 Gringo's Chupacabra" and one of their rubs is called "Brisket Magic" -- despite the name, I LOVE using it on steaks. It is nice and peppery. I'll take the flank steaks out of the fridge and onto a plate, wipe them dry, apply either olive or canola oil as a binder, and rub both sides with 'Brisket Magic' and let it sit at room temperature for 30-60 minutes while I get the kettle fired up.

Im sure it said Flank Steak or was it Flap Meat.......ooops :) Thanks for the recipes....

Back