What's your favorite coffee maker?

I have been a Keurig girl for the last year. Love it from the doctors lounge at work, and now have one of my own. will never go back, and know personally that they have awesome customer service!!!!

Keurig's are great for that quick cup, or on-the-way-out-the-door cup.....I've recently gotten the new Bodum electric french-press. It's nice because it allows you to use a higher-end coffee (Lion is my favorite) - but it's self-contained, so you don't need to boil a pot of water - which is great for at work use. Definitely the two ends of the spectrum, but I've got both - and both are great for their individual needs.

Wow, the "roast your own" on a Weber gasser is an eye opener! I didn't know you could do that. I may have to reconsider my aversion to gassers now. :confused:

I'm a Mr. Coffee fan too. But we have had some good coffee makers that always crap out after a year or 2. We still have a Mr. Coffee but we also have a Keurig .
The Keurig makes great coffee, we grind our own beans and use the reusable K-filter. We do not use the wasteful K-Cups.

L13001057.jpg

My 7 year old Bunn has sprung a leak, and I'm in the market for a new joe maker.

I buy USA made stuff when I can, but know that's pretty impossible these days.

Don't need bells and whistles, just good fresh brewed coffee.

Thanks for any rec's!

My wife has this thing the you put the coffe into it and add hot water. Wait a few minutes and put it on top of a cup and out comes filtered coffee into the cup.
Since I live in a place the power can go out if a mouse farts, I quickly learned to prefer a "French Press" or "Press Pot" since it doesn't use electricity. There are other similar ways of doing coffee that don't involve glass container with a press, but I have come to love my coffee made that way. I just boil the water (propane stovetop), pour it over the coffee, wait four minutes and bingo, great coffee. I do mean great.

They say the Technivorm is just as good as a French Press though, the "they" in this case being Cooks Illustrated who rated the KBT741 model as their top choice for a coffee maker.

Yeah, thats how we do it too. Do you grind your own beans?
I was always nervous about getting a Keurig because I worried that if the company went out of business I'd have a useless coffeemaker. Once I found out there are refillable K Cups I made sure to put one on my wedding registry.

I have both the refillable K Cup from Keurig and one from Ekobrew (http://www.ekobrew.com/) I prefer the Ekobrew one because I don't have to take anything out of the Keurig. It works great, is easy to clean, and lets me use whatever coffee I want.

Don't know if you are seeing any of the Tim Hortons down your way yet but they have crossed the border heading south. They have their own name brand made by Bunn at about $200.00 don't know how that compares. Problem is it's using energy 24-7 to keep the water hot so it flows through faster. To me that's a waste of energy if you are only making 1-2 pots a day. The best little drip pot I ever had was a Braun and there not available here anymore. Don't know where they were made.

11 pages and no mention of vacuum brewers? I use a Cona D, Yama SY8 with Cory filter rod and Sunbeam Coffeemaster 30c for vacuum brewing duties. Bodum French press is used rarely. Recently picked up a Pyrex 6-9 cup clear glass percolator that still turns out a great cup. Fresh-roasted beans through a vacuum brewer yields an exceptionally clean cup of java.

I use a percolator for tea and coffee, just like my Grandmom. It just doesn't have the hollow knob on the lid to show it's perking. Too bad, that and the smell of the fresh coffee are memories I cherish.

My wife has this thing the you put the coffe into it and add hot water. Wait a few minutes and put it on top of a cup and out comes filtered coffee into the cup.

Sounds like what we use:

http://www.sweetmarias.com/clevercoffeedripperpictorial.php

It works very well. I have a metal insulated 16 oz coffee cup, and the medium coffee dripper makes the perfect amount for it. It makes very good coffee and really isn't any more work than using a coffee maker. Plus it's a lot easier to clean.

Back