What's wrong with my Beef Ribs?

I saw one video where the Pitmaster brined the ribs in a salt solution for about an hour. Anybody here done that?
all kosher beef is prepared in this fashion. but you have to soak kosher beef in water and let is desalt some so the beef flavor is more pronounced than the salt flavor.

and a dry brine of salting, like a brisket overnight exposed in the fridge, will get you to the same result.

so yes, this soak is a valid method, but i'd personally do an exposed in the fridge overnight dry brine because as the beef sweats, it opens up the fibers and the salt penetrates as the beef soaks back in the salt flavor as the residual moisture is being released (concentrating the beef flavor).

I saw one video where the Pitmaster brined the ribs in a salt solution for about an hour. Anybody here done that?
Not yet with beef ribs.
But I've done this with pork chops & chicken.
Can't really see why it wouldn't work with beef

I salt brine lots of my meats.
l‘ve never thought to do it for such a short time.

When I do a pork shoulder, ribs or a brisket I salt the night before.
I only add the amount I would would add for eating.
This allows me to add as much of my homemade rub with out worrying about over salting.

When I do fish, lox or pork belly I want that salt to dehydrate the meat and toughen it up so I salt for several days then do a water rinse/scrub.
I don’t treat brisket or butt this way so to me it is not the traditional salt brine.

I’m not an expert and I obviously haven’t perfected this but this does work for me.

Back