What's wring with this picture?

I don't have a fast car. I have a truck, a work van, and an enduro motorcycle
That's why I like you. Anyone who rides an XR/XL 650 is AOK in my book. My desert runner (albeit a 400)

chazsxr400.jpg

A disabling illness or disease doesn't care who it attacks, doesn't care how much money you have or what kind of car you drive.
My neighbor has a couple year old vette, and a new pick up, yet he has congestive heart failure and other health problems, where he can't walk or stand for long periods of time, like no more than like 10 minutes at a time, or the pain in his legs and back becomes out of control and breathing becomes difficult.
According to my neighbor, he always dreamed of owning a vette, so when he was diagnosed a few years ago, he went out and bought himself his dream car, I suppose to check off one more thing off his bucket list.

Sounds like your neighbor shouldn't be driving a nail, let alone a 500+ bhp death machine. Which is basically my point here. If some one has that many physical issues, should they be driving on the open road to begin with? Not about money or cars. More like public safety. So to see a brand new vette in a handicap spot is the oxymoron. I feel there should be mandatory road testing when you get the permit(and after a certain age) to see if you're physically able to complete what's required of a "responsible" driver to operate a vehicle safely. Like turn your head to the side in all directions! That you have reflexes good enought to react to being on the road. My grandfather could hardly drive his accord, let alone a car full of blind spots and huge amounts of power! I guess it's like fried green tomatoes... Older with more insurance doesn't make it right!

Touchy subject here, but I'd rather have the congestive heart failure guy instead of the teenager text machine.

Don't worry, the neighbor with the vette has his parked in the garage with a car cover on it, you only see it when the garage door is open. I have not seen it on the road in a year and a half. He brought it out a couple times this past summer to his driveway, I imagine to air it out and blow the dust, but it never left the home. He's only 62, and the neighbor lady two doors down has taken him under her wing, and does most of his driving.. like I said, I'm pretty positive the vette purchase (brand spanking new) was a check off on his bucket list, as was the Ford lightning pickup. Could be worse I suppose, he could own every grill Weber has ever made, and line them up along the fence to rot! :)

I would think that the doctor who fills out the form for the handicap parking permit would know if the handicap would prohibit someone from being able to drive safely. I just don't think the handicap parking permit indicates anything as far as how well you can drive, no matter what you are driving. The parking permit indicates how well you can move outside of the car, getting from the car to wherever you are going and then back to the car again. The handicap stalls don't indicate that you can't drive well, they indicate you need to be closer to the building to reduce the effort required to shop or whatever the situation is that you are parking there for.

That's why I like you. Anyone who rides an XR/XL 650 is AOK in my book. My desert runner (albeit a 400)

chazsxr400.jpg

Nice 400! I'd love to ride that. I hope to sell the 650L & get a 650R (street legal & desert tank already installed I hope) this spring... I miss having a cruiser too,,,, SOON (i've been saying that for years :) )

I would think that the doctor who fills out the form for the handicap parking permit would know if the handicap would prohibit someone from being able to drive safely. I just don't think the handicap parking permit indicates anything as far as how well you can drive, no matter what you are driving. The parking permit indicates how well you can move outside of the car, getting from the car to wherever you are going and then back to the car again. The handicap stalls don't indicate that you can't drive well, they indicate you need to be closer to the building to reduce the effort required to shop or whatever the situation is that you are parking there for.

A doctor issues the tag to the person to be used in any car that person is in. It's not up to the dr to decide driving privelages. Because driving is a privelage and not a right

But what's really wrong withis this post is that I spelled wrong, wrong and nobody nailed me for it! There was no intention of starting a debate. I thought there was some light humor in the photo and just wanted to see some of the funny comments this board is so famous for. My apologies if I have offended anyone. John

Wring, wrong. Doesn't matter. There are soooooo many spelling mistakes here, one more doesn't matter. And one in the headline can't be fixed by the OP (only ones in the body).

Last edited:

Back