What's the coldest (outside temp) you've ever cooked?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tim Rahto:
During the cold spell, did you use a hot water insulator to keep the cooker warm?
icon_razz.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Never seen a a hot water "insulator" here in Hawaii.. =)

Aloha!

Greg
pulled pork for dinner!

I have already replied on this link once about lowest temp I BBQ in Switzerland. Now after being in Malta for 19 months I must tell you that the lowest here so far was last Jan 2006 when it was down to 47F at one stage. So much easier here than in Switzerland.

Yesterday had to be one of my coldest cooks at around a -9 in Milwaukee. Did ribs in one of the WSM's. Definately needed the Wind Screens for that. Also did a beautiful leg of lamb on the kettle with the rotisserie.

I store the motor for the rotisserie in the garage and had to take it inside to warm it up and then ran it for a while once it was warm to get it turning. I was really afraid I was going to burn out the motor on the rotisserie but it worked like a champ!!

Is "Extreme grilling" a sport??

This weekend at -18 was definately one of the coldest. Brisket and ribs turned out great. Has anyone noticed that long-stemmed lighters don't want to work in the cold?

About 70 +- this past Sunday for a Super Bowl party. Below 60 or so and I'm making soups instead of barbecuing.

John

Back