What's everyone smoking this Memorial Day weekend?

dean

TVWBB Pro
We are having friends over and they want fatties! So I am making 2 bacon cheesburger, 1 jalepeno popper, and 1 philly cheese steak! I also grabed a pork butt cause it was marked down. The bacon ones I use cooked and crumbled bacon inside with pickles , onions catsup n musturd.. Then a raw bacon weave over that. The jalepeno one is just hamburg with cream cheese and peppers inside. The philly is Italian sausage with green pepper and onion and cheese inside..

Keeping it simple. One slab of bb ribs, three bone-in chicken breasts with skin, and a 10# flat. Just cooking for the family this year.

This will be my inaugural smoke in my new wsm. It will be christened Sunday with 4 lbs of Johnsonville Brats, 4 lbs of Perri Italian sausage, 3 racks of BBs and a BIG fattie (still researching recipes).

I wish I could do this tomorrow for Smoke Day but the WSM won't be showing up until late in the afternoon.

Memorial Day Sunday around my house has been labeled Rib Fest for a number of years.

Each Rib Fest, a small group of friends and I try and out do each other with a rib recipe. We don't care how you made them just as long as you made them. If you cooked them on the smoker, great! On the grill? Great! In the oven, not so great, but still awesome! Just bring your best.

It's kinda like the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally. No one really cares if you ride a crotch rocket or a chopper. Just that you ride and you show up there. That's all that matters!

This Sunday - Rib Fest I'll personally be making my first beef brisket flat, two racks of pork loin ribs and two racks of baby back ribs. All done on my WSM. Then I'm headed back to continue on my project.

Blues Hog (cut) sauced St. Louis ribs and tips (four slabs), and nine leg quarters cut in two after smoking and (maybe) dipped in 'Bama white sauce.

Good thing I often use an extra grate in my 18.5" 'cause the list of who might come over keeps getting longer.
wsmsmile8gm.gif

Back