What's everyone cooking this weekend?

Rib roast on the WSM and maybe some grilled shrimp (Need and excuse to use the new Smokey Joe from Ace). Not much else I can think of right now. Enjoy the weekend!

Steve

Fellow Smokin' Folks,

I did a Costco packer brisket last night, Friday, using the high temp. method.

I'll be doing chicken leg quarters tonight, Saturday.

Pork tenderloins are on deck for Sunday night. They'll be our main course and I'll also bring one as a cold appetizer to my friend's shrimp boil on Monday.

Andrew

Well today it's gonna be bacon wrapped chicken thighs, with stuffed portabellas and the sweet n spicy cole slaw. Tomorrow we will partake in some St. Louis style ribs, with cauliflower salad, we use cauliflower instead of potatoes and it's pretty darn good, with a side of baked beans. On Monday we will do a brisket served with stuffed cabbage and some green beans.
Damn, now I'm hungry, let's eat now...

We'll have pulled chicken tonight off the kettle. Monday is baby backs on the WSM. I need to work the Genesis Silver C is this weekend too so it doesn't feel lonely.
icon_smile.gif

Well.... I feel this weekend has been a partial success so far. The best part is that I have learned much about smoking on the kettle. Most important... DONT TURN OFF THE ALARM!!!

Ive had these two butts on since 11:45p last night... about 9 hours... lid temps were steady until somewhere between 5:30-6:30.... I laid down to catch a few hours of sleep with a fresh loaf pan of water in the kettle (4am). Turned off my 5:30 alarm and overslept.

Temps had been steady between 240-260 lid before I laid down.

Lid temp was 360 so I am unsure as to how long the temps spiked. The butts still look pretty good in my opinion
icon_smile.gif
The bark is very crusty at points. The mop/cooler rest should help soften things up a bit.

The smaller one is about 185 right now and the larger is about 175... Id imagine the small butt will be off within an hour.

Due to the temp spike Im going to have to pull>refrigerate>reheat. Going to put the pulled pork in an aluminum pan and spray with some AJ/drippings... heat in the oven covered in the low 200's....Hopefully I dont hear too many complaints
icon_wink.gif

I smoked the 5# choice flat yesterday... reheat the same way.

edit: The reason for using twine on the butts is so they could fit on the kettle!!!

7.5lbs brisket on at 8:20 this morning. Slab of spares and a BB getting ready to go on in the next hour. Homemade macaroni salad, and the famous Hog Apple beans to round-out the menu around 5:00pm... and plenty of COLD Land Shark Lager, and Budweiser's to wash it down!!!
icon_biggrin.gif

I am using a recipe from cooks illustrated for stuffed flank steak. Going to sear it then finish indirect. It looks great and I didn't even cook it yet. Can't wait.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tom S.:
7.5lbs brisket on at 8:20 this morning. Slab of spares and a BB getting ready to go on in the next hour. Homemade macaroni salad, <span class="ev_code_RED"> and the famous Hog Apple beans</span> to round-out the menu around 5:00pm... and plenty of COLD Land Shark Lager, and Budweiser's to wash it down!!!
icon_biggrin.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I knew I was forgetting something!!

So far I smoked two chickens yesterday afternoon for a warm-up (nothing special, just had two chickens I needed to do something with), an overnight brisket that's resting right now, a fattie this morning that has mysteriously disappeared (
icon_wink.gif
), and I'm doing a butt tonight/tomorrow.

I'm working on sides right now, and I knew there was a great dish I made a ton of last summer. Looks like a chunk of my brisket point just got spoken for, and I need to run to the store for some apple pie filling.
icon_smile.gif
Thanks for jogging my memory Tom!

I haven't done a brisket for a long time, so today is the day. It's been raining a lot here, but today it is just overcast, a perfect day for bbq. I was looking for a 10 lb packer, found a 9.2 lb which will be fine. Enjoy the holiday everyone and say a prayer for our fallen comrades.

OK folks. I just finished prepping two butts with the "renowned Mr Brown" spices, and am looking forward to my first overnight smokie on my new WSM. Planning on pulled pork on Monday in honor off all men and women who have served this country so valiantly. Thank you all so much!

Happy Memorial Day, everyone!

I did some pig candy yesterday and today. I also did 2 racks of bb ribs yesterday and am 2 hours into doing 2 more today. I'll be doing some fatties a little later and if the pig candy runs out I'll do more of that. Still have some pulled pork from last weekend so I'm covered there for lunch....

Started the weekend off with a fish fry last night. Fired up the WSM this morning and have two racks of baby backs and some chicken thighs about to come off. Two butts going on tonight and chicken breasts for tomorrow.

Back