what's cooking on the 4th?

Griff

TVWBB Super Fan
We got a four day weekend going on and I've got a lot of plans for my WSM. I'm not sure whether to do it on Saturday night or Sunday night, but I just bought two pork butts (15lbs.) and a 10 pound chuck. I haven't bought 'em yet but on the 4th, some friends are coming over and I'm going to do two rib roasts. I put one on a hour earlier than the other. That way when I take the second one on off at 125*, the first on is usually medium.

Griff

Monday evening i'm doing 2 8 pound butts (one Mr. Brown, the other I may inject) and a 13 pound brisket. I will probably throw on a fatty about 4am Tuesday morning so it will be ready for breakfast
icon_smile.gif

Monday night I'm doing 2 tri-tips and 2 pork butts, enjoying them on the 4th and watching the show!

4 butts going on at 2pm today for a HS graduation party tomorrow. 4 half pans of beans to follow while the butts are resting. Still not sure about the 4th but there's a cryo of 3 loin backs in the freezer downstairs that keeps calling me.
icon_cool.gif

Have a happy and safe Independence Day everyone!

I have four days off for the holiday and I am going to make it a smoking 4th of July! I am going to be doing ribs, a chuck roast and chicken thighs! It has been a little while since I have had time to smoke anything so I am excited! Since I have 4 days I think I might even grill a few ribeye steaks as well! Should be some good eats!!

Looking forward to the WSM full of ribs and the kettle full of chickens. Gotta redeem myself, I've been experimenting for a comp and making some subpar Q lately. I think I've finally got a bead on it though. We'll see, LOL!

Well my holiday is July 1st here in Canada. This will be my first holiday with my weber, an i'm having friends over and gonna smoke 4 butts tonight before going to bed. Im sure this will become a smoking holiday from now on.

Gonna go with the Standing Rib Roast with the Montreal Steak Seasoning. Got family over for my grandson's baptism, so it's Showtime for Chef Mark!
wsmsmile8gm.gif

Mark
icon_cool.gif

I also have a 4 day weekend.

I will be doing 13lb brisket tonite for a big pool party tomorrow dinner. (bunch of neighbors that have never had BBQ brisket...oh baby).
wsmsmile8gm.gif

Ribs for Sunday nite for family

Pork butt for early next week for dinner and sandwiches rest of week!

I just made 'Smoke and Spice' Struttin Sauce...KC style sauce. I actually like it...I am more keen to vinegar sauces but this purty darn good and should be good on the brisket.

I am two days into a six day weekend. So far I have defrosted or purchased for consumption over this long weekend:

<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>Marinated pork tenderloin
<LI>Alaskan sockeye salmon
<LI>Ground turkey for turkey burgers
<LI>Beef for Alton's Burger of the Gods
<LI>Polska kielbasa
<LI>A bunch of chicken pieces for Penzeys Barbecue Chicken Soup - It is awesome!
<LI>A pork loin for Santa Fe Cured Pork Loin
<LI>Three racks of baby backs
<LI>A package of scallops - still need a recipe for these
[/list]Six straight days of grilling, smoking & que-ing, my wife thinks I am nuts.

I hope everyone has a great Canada Day, Independence Day, or other appropriate holiday.

Jim

2 Fatties, 2 Meatloafs, And a Chuck roast! Baked beans,coleslaw,Home made lemonade, a few adult beverages. I have to work on Monday, so wont go all out till the daughters birthday later this month

Just put a 12 lb (before trimming) brisket on the WSM. Oak, apple, lump using the Minion method. After trimming, probably goes about 8-10 lbs. First time I've done a brisket on the WSM.
Used a modified "Dallas Dandy Brisket" rub recipe.
For entertainment, I'm thinking of shooting the chipmunks that have overrun my bird feeders.
Do you all know the difference between a chipmunk and a gopher?

There's a little more dark meat on a chipmunk. Anyone know how long to smoke one of these, and should I use oak or hickory?

Since my town has their fireworks show tonight, I am having people over today. I've got 2 Boston Butts weighing a total of 15 lbs. going right now and should be ready at 4:00. I put them on last night at 11:00 p.m., "Minion Method" but due to the severe winds - that is what you get living on a hill - I've had to add two 1/2 chimneys of additional Kingsford.

I put a rack of pork and beef ribs on my Weber gas and made some foil smoke packs to "simulate" the WSM. I didn't want to risk screwing up my butts by putting the ribs on there. I think that is what happened to me in my first pork shoulder attempt.

I have a 10 lb fat off Brisket and an 8 lb bone in Porkbutt that are in the fridge w/ the rub on. Going to fir up the smoker tomorrow afternoon for a slow smoke and plan to take them off Tuesday morning.

Just finished 16lbs of butt 22 hours. while the butts were on yesterday i smoked a bunch of boneless skinless chicken breasts. Butts are in the cooler now.
Have a great 4th everyone!

Fifteen pounds of bone-in butt, which I paid $11.52 for. After watching American Eats marathon this morning, the BBQ segment called my husband to the freezer to get this out. It should thaw by tomorrow in H2O.

Will fire up the smoker tomorrow evening and take it off Tuesday as well. Just trying to figure out which rub I want to do. I don't have anything made here anymore.

Sides? Rita's Macaroni Salad per my husband's request, but I can't live without a slaw, so I'll make a small batch of that.

Back