What's Cookin' Today?

Tony Hunter

TVWBB Pro
Hey y'all,

What's up in your necks of the woods today? I have some country style ribs, brats, fatties and even some hot dogs! I am a man of variety today! :lol:

Just a couple butts and half pans of beans while they rest..

Now, I never do this, open the WSM this early, but here are my 2 butts at the 4 hour mark, 8:30 pm EDT last night.

img2008062704614aeqc1.jpg

img2008062704617aefg6.jpg

img2008062704618aevy8.jpg

Bill

i did 2 butts today...
wish i would have thrown on some country style ribs...

seeing those makes me jealous

Tony as always looks like a great cook. By the way, your recent beef rib cook started me on a quest to find good beef ribs, I posted about it in this forum, anyway thought I'd tell you that your recent cook was really the driver for that quest.

Did a couple of beer can chickens last night, first in the WSM and they turned out great, did them over apple. I'll probably be doing beef ribs tomorrow. SO wants sushi tonight so it looks like I'm taking the day off from grilling/smoking today.

Tony, if you have any tips on beef ribs would you mind posting them in my beef rib post? Dont' want to hijack this thread.

Keep the pictures coming!!

BeerChickenRotateII.jpg

That all looks like real fine pork stuff. Can't have it anymore. So today is another chicken day for me.

Well, I'am doing some brats and some burgers but I think that I will add some country style ribs for dinner on Sunday. I think I will try my hand at doing a fattie. I going to cook all of these items at a high temp to get finish early and faster, might have to read up on the fattie to see how high or low I can cook these.

Happy Saturday every one!!!!!!

Man, people started eatin' before I could get some quality vanity shots, but here is one I got to steal before the grub was gone! Brats... gone! Hot Dogs... gone! Fatties... gone! So here is a pic of the country style ribs (cooked 3-2-1), mac&cheese and spicy green beans...

Tony, i'm planning on cooking some country style ribs tomorrow. What'd you put on the ribs?
rub, sauce, etc? They look goood. 3-2-1 like regular bbs, or st.louis?
thanks
jerry p

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jerry Pollard:
Tony, i'm planning on cooking some country style ribs tomorrow. What'd you put on the ribs?
rub, sauce, etc? They look goood. 3-2-1 like regular bbs, or st.louis?
thanks
jerry p </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jerry,

Yep, I cooked them 3-2-1 just like bb's or spares. They always turn out wonderful and today was no exception- they were excellent! I used My All-Purpose Rub and then I drizzled some Sweet Baby Ray's Honey BBQ sauce on them... yum!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tony Hunter:
Oh man! You guys are making my little cook look like small taters!
icon_biggrin.gif
Looks great everyone! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Tony, the only thing small about your cook is the size of your pics.
icon_razz.gif
Seriously, you've got a lot going on there and the rest of your pics look great!
icon_cool.gif

Bill
wsmsmile8gm.gif

Back