Whatcha Smokin'?

JimK

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
I'm hoping to do a couple racks of spares this weekend.

Who's doing what?

Two pork butts, baked beans, potato salad and beer
icon_smile.gif

Tomorrow night I'm grilling a pork rib roast that I took out of the bowels of my freezer Wednesday. Sunday I am smoking 2 slabs of spares and 3 of baby backs. Lets have some sun please for a change.
icon_rolleyes.gif

Going to cook my first brisket.

George, the summer heat has not shown its face here in the Chicagoland area yet this year, and its the end of July. Sounds like the heat is out west so try to stay cool
icon_wink.gif

Got ten pounds of leg thigh chicken in the marinade "roadside chicken" Got another bottle ready for the baste.

Smoking a couple small butts on Sunday. I find you can get a later start and still pull it off if you go with a couple 3lb pieces. It's been too long, I can't wait.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by george curtis:
only thing smokin here is me. its to dang hot ! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
But look at it this way George, one lit on top of 6 unlit and you'll hit your target in 10 minutes.

A fresh ham,whipped rutabaga,kugela and glazed carrots for tomorrow.
Sunday will be a couple of butts,beans,slaw and COTC.
Our newborn Grandson (1st) is coming home tonite!
icon_smile.gif
Tim

A couple racks of Beef Ribs-It's what's for Dinner!
I have used my BDS for most of my last several cooks so it't time to drag out the old WSM and fire her back up and remember why I fell in love with her.

Working again all weekend, UGH!
icon_frown.gif
I might try and squeeze in a cook quick on Sat after I get home from the grind. Trying to figure out what I want to make, but drawing a blank.
icon_confused.gif
Good luck and have fun with your cooks, all.
icon_smile.gif

I have a pork shoulder and a brisket on right now for a midnight smoke...temp is holdin steady at around 233.

I'm going to also throw on some baby backs tomorrow...and now that I read this thread, I'm thinking I should try some beans...I've not put beans on the smoker before.

I have a couple butts defrosting for an overnight cook. Probably going to be Monday if I had to guess.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jeff_B:
Going to cook my first brisket.

George, the summer heat has not shown its face here in the Chicagoland area yet this year, and its the end of July. Sounds like the heat is out west so try to stay cool
icon_wink.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think we had one week that was pretty hot. 95-100*+ with the heat index. I honestly can not ever remember it being this mild here in Chicago. I'm loving it! Vince

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by timothy:
Our newborn Grandson (1st) is coming home tonite!
icon_smile.gif
Tim </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Congrates on the new born!

I got four 8# butts that are on their last leg of the cook. We are going through a big conversion at work this weekend and are working 7 days this week, so my fellow co-workers requested I bring the goods.

Back