Whatca got Taco Bowl

Rich Dahl

R.I.P. 7/21/2024
After seeing Case and his homemade taco bowls and Jimk version Barb and I decided to give it a try.
Used a ramekin to form the shell using EVOO and my homemade salt free taco seasoning mixed in to coat the tortillas.
In the oven at 350 for 15 minutes (will change to 10 minutes) removed the foil and another 10 minutes in the oven.
Had some leftover grilled chicken I seasoned with the taco mix and heated in some salsa. Made my homemade refried beans.
Beans, chicken, cheese, lettuce, onion, tomato, sour cream and salsa made up what we had available.
I was totally amazed as how good it was with just some basic ingredients.
The bowls were a little over browned but not burnt and I’ll dial back the amount of taco seasoning I put in the olive oil.
Will be for sure planning out a little more traditional version and doing it again.

101_6702.JPG

101_6705.JPG

101_6708.JPG

101_6709.JPG

There is going to be a few posts like this I think.
I am also inspired to make this, probably this weekend as I have 4 days off in a row and a freezer that contains beef cheeks and skirts steak.
Barbacoa taco's maybe, and going for tomatillo's on Friday for some Mexican food inspired fun!

Looks tasty, hoping to aim for traditional Mexican fare for once if I can find everything I need.

Rich thanks for giving us a heads up on what to and not to do on this fantastic cook. I mean Case,comes up with some great cooks but he has already worked out the bugs.
Your finished shots look very tasty. This going on my to do list for sure.

Shells come in bags of 8 or more....
I would have re made some, if you only made 2 initially...
Looks good either way Rich, I am doing a fiesta next weekend 100% now.
Ordered my spike or cooking spear for el pastor pork taco's today.
Al pastor taco's.
Barbacoa taco's
And flank steak taco's
Not sure if I am having company and its a taco buffet or it is going to be 2 different meals.
Also making these bowls for one of them, probably the flank or skirt steak taco night.

Last edited:

Back